Just thought I'd say

Piers Hugh Smith

Reaction score
Hi

Haveanyone ever fished a small lake which no-one has ever fished before?

If you haven'tit is the alot of fun.

I had bought alot of new gear at the CLA gamefair anddecided to test it out on a small pretty much deserted lake when i got home. I set up with just a simple float setup (korum Carp Chucker 3AA shot) with a hooklink which was about 2ft.Within minutes I was into my first carp of about 2 pounds so very small. but within 2 hours I spent there I caught 7 Ghost carp up to 5 pounds (so still very small) and & 7 carp of about the same weight. It was really good fun.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
There's a couple of fields about 45 minutes walk from my house that have small ponds in them and I keep meaning to try them out - I was going to go this Summer and lob bits of bread on the top but never got round to it.

Piers Hugh Smith

Reaction score
Andy M: what on earth gives you the conviction that it had not been fished before??

I Think it hasn't been fished before becauseit is very overgrown and surrounded by trees with no evidence of people having fished there

The Monk

Reaction score
It probably hasnt been fished in years, I use to have a few pools like that locally, yes they can be very interesting the older overgrown neglected pits. You never really know what they hold. I can remember finding one a about ten years ago, it was rarely fished because there was busy day ticket waters close by, I was surprised that after a few short early morning sessions and a bit of baiting up I took 3 sixteen pound common carp in about two hours and pulled them through the weed, the water was like a football pitch.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

About 1976 I was a member of a small club and we gained permission to fish a small farm pond that hadn't been fished for many many years. It was no more than about 3/4 acre, very weedy (just like Monks)and badly silted and we spent days during that summer wading about up to our chests pulling out weed and removing the silt as much as we could ... 1' of water 3' of silt. One of the lads even borrowed a JCB from his boss and we extended and deepened two sides. Spring fed the water already had a stock of perch and rudd and, after a few trips to the river Tweed,a nice stock of big roach. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif(and a few dace)What money we did have went into buying about 300 carp from a place down Humberside if I remember correctly.

Later that year the farmer shot his wife and then himself. Not sure what happened to the pond after that but if its still there will be some cracking carp to be caught.