Battling for Bass

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: Battling for Bass

http://www.fishingmagic.com/news_events/18247-battling-for-bass.html

files.php

Martin Salter continues to head the Angling Trust's fight for a fair and sensible bass-fishing policy. Without these men working on our behalf the bass itself could become an endangered species - let alone bass anglers. Support them whenever and however you can: join the Angling Trust; write to your MP; write to your local paper and the national newspapers. At the very least, read this and get a feel for what's being done on anglers' behalf.

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
Martin Salter continues to head the Angling Trust's fight for a fair and sensible bass-fishing policy. Without these men working on our behalf the bass itself could become an endangered species - let alone bass anglers. Support them whenever and however you can: join the Angling Trust; write to your MP; write to your local paper and the national newspapers. At the very least, read this and get a feel for what's being done on anglers' behalf.

robertroach

Reaction score
I totally agree with all the efforts made by all concerned to conserve bass stocks. Anyone who fishes for bass knows that the numbers have seriously declined. In the USA they have realised that the recreational activity of catching striped bass is worth more as an economic benefit than the commercial fishery and acted on it. I wonder if its just a case of us not having enough politicians who are aware of this or think it matters.

The only thing I disagree with is that Martin says anglers are not happy with a one fish limit. I am and I think most others are. Like salmon anglers, most of us want to do our bit and not kill too many fish. I think that complaining that anglers are being discriminated against, compared to the commercial fishermen is a bit of a sideshow and distracts from the main battle we must wage.

martinsalter

Reaction score
And that is the rub Robert. Like you I put most of my bass back but we represent a lot of people who expect us to stand up for their right to catch and take a fish or two for the pot- believe me they are really fed up at the moment!