D

Dave Dolecki

Anybody fishing in yorks this weekend
east/north or west yorkshire.
Any good venues tips etc,
thanks Dave

R

Ron Clay

Why not give the Selby Canal a try Dave. Although I've never fished it it looks as if it may have a few good tench and bream. A very attractive canal it is too.

D

Dave Dolecki

Thanks Ron might give it a go in a few weeks
going to Hilston Pools sat nr Withernsea.
I have a holiday home there,
Read ur article in the star very interesting
like i said before nice to see u mention good fishing in yorkshire
makes a change from reading about how the south is doing.
have a nice weekend.
all the best
DAVE

C

Chrisx Ess

Dave, try Far Grange park, just north of Hornsea. Just up the road from Withernsea. A fish a chuck on the right peg. Be prepared to walk around to the far side. An enormous stock of carp that fight like tigers...Chub to 5lb, tench to 4lb, even some barbel. The weather's getting warmer, so the bigger carp are starting to wake up. ?5 a day, 60-odd pegs. It's windy!
If you want to avoid the wind, try Baker's Pond in Newport. Some really good fish in many species here, but you need to arrive early to get a peg.

D

Dave Dolecki

Cheers Chrisx will try grange park next wkend any tips like bait,method,feeder,pole, etc.
Fished hilston pools this weekend did o.k.
Thanks Dave...

C

Chrisx Ess

Re Far Grange. I don't like float fishing much, so I always ledger using a feeder. At the moment, a bunch of maggots is fave. When it's warmer you'll be amazed at how big a mussel a 4oz mirror carp will take - and with a bang! Not many shy fish at Far Grange. And they fight like mad too. Tell Roy - the bailiff - that you heard about the place from Chris on the internet. He'll probably relaise it's me, and might refund me some money!
Just to clarify. There are two lakes at far grange. If you head in that direction from the south, ie via Hornsea or Withernsea, then you turn LEFT into "The MCann Nature reserve". The entrance with the sign for Far Grange Park is on the right. That lake is much smaller and nowhere near as good.
You want the next left - about 100 yards further. Don't forget now, don't be lazy - go around to the far side!

R

Ron Clay

By the way Dave, I went to a fishery called Bank End on Saturday. It's fairly new, veruy attractive and run by a farmer called Andy.

I caught a few roach and a tench. An angler next peg caught a cracking crucian of 2 lbs which I photographed.

I like the look of the lake very much. It's about 6 acres in size and is an old gravel pit. One of the regulars spoke about tench to 7 lbs and crucians to 4 lbs. It has a few carp to over 25 lbs as well.

Very few rules thank goodness and you can use keepnets. Main rules are barbless hooks and no match fishing.

Give it a go. It's on the A614 near Finningley.

D

Dave Dolecki

Cheers Ron sounds a nice place, gonna give far grange park a try this weekend what Chris put me onto.
Might try bank end next week if i get all my work done first.
Dont fish stillwaters much Ive been spoilt on the rivers but it makes a change thanks for info
BEST WISHES and FISHES
DAVE.