Just joined

villan

Reaction score
Hello, I took up fishing about 6 months ago mainly because my youngest son is a keen Carper and secondly an old workmate sold me some lovely gear very cheaply which allowed me to get going straight away.
I am 57, soon to be 58 and I just wish I had found fishing a long time ago.
I work 6 days a week mainly ( changed a bit since I started fishing :) ) and have never really been able to switch off on my days off, until I took up fishing.
Fantastic, I can now forget about everything and just go to a lake and switch off completely. I have a chub 12 ft carp rod and a maver 12 ft rod and two Dave Lane speedrunner 8000 as my kit. I like to be active when fishing so went for a daiwa 11ft waggler rod and a matching 10 ft feeder rod, I love them both dearly :) and between them keep me occupied whilst waiting for the beepers to go off on the carp rods. So far I have caught roach, tench, crucians and my personal best so far on the carp rods is a 20lb common from Creedy lake.
Well am rambling a bit so had better get back to reading the forums.
Thanks for having me.
Villan

ps I forgot to say where I am based............. Newquay Cornwall

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Always nice to see another new member.......

With all that new gear it shouldn't be too long before your name crops up in the ' How did you get on ' thread with one or two decent catches !

Hope you enjoy the Forum !!