back on

caelan

Reaction score
tanglers not been around of late like a fool I upgraded to windows
10 lost the lot so getting back into it now

greenie62

Reaction score
Hi Martin,
Glad you're back on-line! What went wrong with your upgrade to Win10? - and how is it now? :confused:
Knowing what you know now - what would you have done differently?
Hope it's settled down OK for you.
Tight Lines :thumbs:

barbelboi

Reaction score
Welcome back Martin.

After a lot of research (I was a very happy user of Win 7) I have now upgraded to Win10 64 on my PC and laptop as they have now 'patched' up their ragged ends. First opinion after a few days - no great noticeable difference to performance which was always very 'snappy' on my rigs under Win 7 64. No noticeable difference to DX 12 (which is exclusive to Win10) unlike the marked difference between DX 10 to 11 although this will probably become more evident when software writers start making use of the extra 'bells and whistles'.

One thing I do find disturbing though is that Microsoft, by default with Win10 , want to 'take control of your life' by having you send them everything they want to know about you. If you have, or are thinking of, upgrading to Win10 I'd have a good look at THIS and decide how much, if any, you want to send to the bods at Microsoft - as stated, the default is you send them everything..............

EDIT for some reason the link won't work so here it is in full
http://windows.wonderhowto.com/how-to/everything-you-need-disable-windows-10-0163552/

Last edited:

thecrow

Reaction score
Glad your back, I loaded windows 10 and my cursor had a mind of its own choosing when to move I got fed up of it and went back to windows 8.1, I keep getting a pop up for windows 10 still but as far as I am concerned no thanks.

caelan

Reaction score
greenie I don't have a clue what went on I still don't I still have to log in twice
to get anywere I do not do laptops/computers

greenie62

Reaction score
greenie I don't have a clue what went on I still don't I still have to log in twice
to get anywere I do not do laptops/computers

I always remember my (85 yr old) Mam's comment when introduced to a Tablet computer last year - having previously used laptop & desktop PCs - she was impressed with the functionality increase coupled with the reduction in size - summarising it with the comment - "They're so much easier to throw across the room now!" :eek::D:eek:mg:

Hope ya get sorted soon :thumbs:

wanderer

Reaction score
tanglers not been around of late like a fool I upgraded to windows
10 lost the lot so getting back into it now
Hey Caelan, i am about as good as you with computers and got the 10 update, i reckon once you get familiar you will love it, much better than eight.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Yes the infamous windblows 10 upgrade that has caused so many problems .

This machine is a win 7 box ( golf clubs machine) my own Linux laptop needs new hinges on the top so looking for a Compaq Presario V5030 with good hinges .

PG .. on windblows 7 and not enjoying it those dang upgrades .:eek:mg:

barbelboi

Reaction score
Judging by some of the comments on this thread I will can any idea of an upgrade and stick with Win 7 !!

Terry, I wasn’t going to rush in last July and upgrade to ‘10’ as Win7 64 on my laptop and PC covered all my needs and I waited for MS to provide updates for all the early ‘issues’. Last week I upgraded both to Win 10 64 and, apart from taking a bit longer than I thought, both upgrades went without any problems. If you like Win 7 you'll probably like Win 10 which is very similar compared to that *$@**&%£! aka Win 8............

After using the new OS for a week I’m well pleased – the only gripe is the privacy issue I highlighted in my earlier post on this thread. I believe the default is wrong but it only takes a few minutes to ‘untick’ all the boxes....

Last edited: