Dead Fish

steve2

Reaction score
One of the big pike on our lake was found dead recently it was removed from the water and dumped. When two of the carp died they were given burials and believe it or not the graves marked with crosses. I assume they were religious carp that went to church on Sundays.

Is it just me or have things got a bit ridiculous in the world of carp fishing.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
One of the big pike on our lake was found dead recently it was removed from the water and dumped. When two of the carp died they were given burials and believe it or not the graves marked with crosses. I assume they were religious carp that went to church on Sundays.

Is it just me or have things got a bit ridiculous in the world of carp fishing.
Well Pike will eat dead carp I know what I would do and the carp clans would not like it but am I bovered ?

Sent from my 8055 using Tapatalk

thecrow

Reaction score
Any dead fish that I find on the bank I bury, anglers can sometimes get a bad press from the public and for sure the deaths would be blamed on them by some of the public.

Marking spots where fish are buried is imo a bit excessive although the carp may have been fish that anglers have known for a long time. Carp do seem to be treated with some sort of reverence by some, why I don't know but it is creeping into Barbel fishing, possibly ex Carp anglers that have discovered that rivers can be much more interesting.

rayner

Reaction score
Of course Carp will be allowed funerals with marked graves.
Some Carp have names! any thing that has died with a name gets buried.
I once buried a mouse called Sally. Mind you in my defence I was four.

wanderer

Reaction score
Any dead fish that I find on the bank I bury, anglers can sometimes get a bad press from the public and for sure the deaths would be blamed on them by some of the public.

Marking spots where fish are buried is imo a bit excessive although the carp may have been fish that anglers have known for a long time. Carp do seem to be treated with some sort of reverence by some, why I don't know but it is creeping into Barbel fishing, possibly ex Carp anglers that have discovered that rivers can be much more interesting.
Good thinking Mr Crow, keeps the anti brigade from getting any ammo

dannyboy1

Reaction score
Just Once Crow ??? :D:D

Dig a hole for any dead fish is fine.

To mark it with a cross, is IMHO,, STUPID.
Agree!!

The big carp boys seem to loose their sense sometimes regarding carp, naming them treating them like pets, maybe why some get emotional when a named fish dies

Sent from my HP 8 G2 using Tapatalk