Colin Brett: A Fenland Piker’s Tale

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: Colin Brett: A Fenland Piker’s Tale

http://www.fishingmagic.com/fm-features/18256-colin-brett:-a-fenland-piker’s-tale.html

thumbnail.php

Read Colin Brett's dilemma: an emergency on his hands and a ton of clay on each boot....

Skoda

Reaction score
Cracking story Colin, it’s the little things in life that bring much mirth. Thanks for the read. Nice picture:)
Andy

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
A similar thing happened to me, Colin, on the upper Thames. A great big plug-treble went into the ball of my thumb, way past the BIG barb. After much deliberation I clamped the forceps onto the bend, clenched my teeth and wrenched it out! There was a thin strand of gristle left on the hook but, well, I survived... (NOT recommended. Seek medical assistance!)

flightliner

Reaction score
Nice Colin, you conveyed the hardships that many anglers suffer for their sport and enjoyment. I remember a time on a notts gravel pit when a friend was unhooking a near twenty lb pike like your friend, it twisted and the hook in the fishes mouth impaled itself in the guys finger hooking them both together.
Blood everywhere.