Angling Trust Agreement Signed

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Yes Bill, and lets hope those two old 'King Canutes' (Ray & Peter)realise in time.

I am planning to send out information to all my club members with next years membership renewals and if available the A.T. and Fish Legalapplicatioin details/joiningpaperwork.

Roger Roddis

Reaction score
Am I right in inferring that the Salmon and Trout Association is not to be involved in this new organisation after all?

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>John H ... The oh so Wearyone wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Yes Bill, and lets hope those two old 'King Canutes' (Ray & Peter)realise in time.</blockquote>

hahaha, he who laughs last John/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

B

Bill Cox

The sad part of that is that you would think that there was anything funny in the trust failing Ray./forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Specihunter

Reaction score
I hope it does work and yes i will join .

If you don't join then you won't have a say in anything.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Speci wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I hope it does work and yes i will join .

If you don't join then you won't have a say in anything.</blockquote>

Hahaha, theres nothing to join yet Speci, and when there is, it will not be the majority of Anglers, but good luck anyway. I find the whole thing very boring now.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"and lets hope those two old 'King Canutes' (Ray & Peter) realise in time."

By 'Canute' I suppose you are refering to Knut den Matige, whose successes as a statesman, and his political and military prowess made him such a powerful figure in 11th century Europe?

The same Knut who made his personal feifdom here in Wessex having successfully invaded England, and defended his prize at the battles of; Penselwood, Sherston, Brentford, Ashington and the Forest of Dean.

Is that the chap?

For further reading also see: Grasland, Trow, Douglas, Sawyer and Campbell who all wrote extensively on the subject of Knut den Matige (Knut the Powerful)
Oh, almost forgot, the catrographer, John, H., The Penguin Historical Atlas of the Vikings, Penguin Books page 122!

F

Fred Bonney

The only trouble with Canute was he thought he was all powerful.

Something we shouldn't allow Unity to become, at leastwithout our individual say in the matter.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Yes I do know the history Peter, I just had this image of you and Ray battling against the tide sat on you seat boxes frantically heightening the legs to keep your heads above water /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

In this instance the roles are reversed, the whole of angling know the tide cannot be changed,you and Ray still believe it can /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"the whole of angling know that tide cannot be changed . . . "

Would that 'whole' be the actual 1.2 to 1.4 million anglers John, or the mythical 4 million that the chairman of FACT and the transition board, Mr. Glasspool, continues to refer to?

I wonder just how many times I have to say this, but against all the fears of repitition; I am in favour of Unity in Angling, that said, I reserve the right to question and indeed criticise if and when the occasion arises. Hopefully, the other 1.2 million anglers who have not donned the cheerleaders skirt and pom-poms will also do the same.

"Something we shouldn't allow Unity to become, at least without our individual say in the matter"

I couldn't have put it better myself Fred!

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance....am i to take it that the "ACA" will be having a name change and will snuggle under the wing of this new body???

Also.....what has happened to the participation of the game anglers brigade??? Do they see this as something farcical and pointless??? Do the fluff flingers who pay mega bucks to fish famous salmon beats think theyr`e above us common ruffians??? (tongue in cheek humour/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif)

personally iwill be holding back joiningthis organisationuntil i seeit`s going to benefit me.....those who choose not to joinshouldn`t be made to feel they have no voice in our sport etc....

I and they do,by the fact that wepay a liscence fee to fish with rod and line in this country.

F

Fred Bonney

.......those who choose not to joinshouldn`t be made to feel they have no voice in our sport etc....

But they/you, won't haveNick!

Surely we shouldn't be looking at what's in it for me, but what's in it for angling in general.

Maybe then, we will have a voice!

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
At the end of the day fred,i am a potential paying member or customer just likeeverybody else and i expect value for money and a fair deal.....thats mine and yours and everybodies right.I won`t throw away hard earned cash for bugger all,i can`t afford to.

I have no qualms with joining an organisation such as the "ACA" because i have seen and know of the fine work they do for anglers up and down the country.....i and many other anglerswill benefit.

I ama member of the chub study group,not because i was made to feel i had to become a member because i enjoy chub fishing....i joined of my own free will and i`m bloody glad i did.

I won`t be made to feel i have to join up straight awayjust because i go fishing.

When it does get up and running,i hope it`s the type of organisation every body hoped for and it does all angling proud....then i will join.

One other thing,why wont i have a voice if i dont join up???

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"Also.....what has happened to the participation of the game anglers brigade???"

That Nick is something that we would all like to know.

In the beginning the S&TA stumped up their ?10,000 to participate in the preliminaries and then withdrew, so now they will apparently be associated via a Memo of Understanding.

Those 'in the know' are keeping the reasons why the S&TA decided not to continue very, very quiet.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
That is my point Nick.

Unity think that they will be the voice for all Angling, but the truth is they wont.

I am for unity but not with the groups everyone an Individual member, all paying the same and all getting the same benefits, thats UNITY.

I am in a couple of clubs, one may join, as for the other club, I doubt they will join.

All those with a rod licence have a say, they are paying for their fishing. Unity are already trying to tell you to have a say, you must join, dont worry, you dont.

When you have 4 million anglers, of which 2.5 million dont exist, it makes you wonder doesnt it.

F

Fred Bonney

Let's just hope everybody doesn't see it the same way as you, Nick & Ray.

Just what voice have I got with a Rod Licence, Ray?

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Peter Jacobs wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote> Those 'in the know' are keeping the reasons why the S&TA decided not to continue very, very quiet. </blockquote>

Apparently, it is because they have now been awarded charity status and that precludes them from being part of another larger grouping, not allowed under the law. S&TA say they didn't reliase that when they applied for charity status.

That's the story at least or as T&G mag says "Fishing around to avoid a merger?".

From S&TA Website -"S&TA alongside Angling Unity in England

During the English Angling Unity's 'Due Diligence' process, it has been confirmed that S&TA, as a Charity, needs to be self-governing. This means that S&TA is now uniquely placed to provide a professional influencing lobby for the protection of salmonids and, indeed, all other fish species and their habitats. We can, and wish to, do this alongside a unified English angling body, whilst retaining the financial and other advantages of charitable status for environmental work. To this end, we are currently negotiating a Memorandum of Understanding between the organisations within English Angling Unity and ourselves, so that S&TA can remain an independent Charity, supported by anglers with policies directed towards public benefit. We believe that our wider Charitable remit provides the best possible way for us to win arguments and influence Governments. "

F

Fred Bonney

That's the story I heard too,Woody.

How Salmon & Trout fishing can be seen as a charity, is beyond my comprehension!!!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Fred,

Your rod licence fees help the EA, which help our waters. You can contact the EA regarding work they are doing or planing to do, you can object to the plans. Thats the voice you get with a rod licence.

Unity wont be the voice for all angling, even if it cons its members into thinking that.