Pike

Piers Hugh Smith

Reaction score
Hi

I'm going fishing for pikein the thames (or the part of it called the isis) and I was wondering what to use and how to use it. My friend accidentally caught a small bleak and livebaited it and cought a 13lb pike but I'm not sure how he fished it. (He is being cryptic). Any help would be great. Also is there a godd way to do it without livebaiting.

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Lure fishing, and deadbaiting are other options Piers, if you don't wish to livebait. Most tackle shops carry a variety of gear for spinning plug fishing. Just as important is to aquaint yourself with the latest developments via videos etc. Better still contact any P.A.C. region, you will find them most helpfull. I urge you to do this for your own welfare and that of the pike. Time well spent I can assure you.

DZ

Reaction score
Derek's sentiments are spot on.

If you're new to pike fishing- try and a go with someone who has experience, in particular with unhooking. Without the propper forceps, pliers, wire cutter etc you and the pike are going to suffer.

The very worst that can happen is a treble hook stuck in a flapping pike AND in your hand- agony on a cold morning and casualty before you know it.