''Was it a cursed season''.

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think so given the reports from mates of injuries sustained on the bank. These extend from sprains, bad bruising to various limbs, through to falls, to a near death by drowning.

I suspect many will be relieved now it's virtually over. How have you fared mishap wise?

flightliner

Reaction score
Nothing so injurious as you describe Derek tho if you had asked me last season I would have told you about the swim clearing job I was doing on the Trent where I ended up with a nasty scar all along the back of my hand, blood everywhere, so much and no medication but a big smear of anti bacterial hand gel and the filthiest of fishing towels wrapped around it thankfully did the trick.I was able to carry on with my day (another location and quarry) and ended up with a fine lure caught pike and a superb perch.
My wound dressing is clearly visible on the piks of both fish---- a little embarrassing but hey.
My biggest physical hindrance this season as been nothing more than aches and pains from humping heavy gear to and from car to swim n back.

rayner

Reaction score
Not really any injuries apart from a barbed hook in the palm of my hand, luckily in my right hand where sensitivity is greatly reduced.
I have as most years had a successful year, I have the opinion that even blanks are worth the trouble of going.
So no curses here.

barbelboi

Reaction score
No problems this season. probably as I missed quite a few months on the bank due to the house move.

My last angling related injury was a few years ago, during a very cold February, from a large perch. During the removal from the ‘weigh bag’ to the net for placing back into the water one of the offensive weapons (aka as gill plates) ‘punctured’ the lower area of the inside of my right hand thumb and it seemed to bleed forever in those freezing temperatures. I must have used up dozens of tissues before I was able to put a plaster on – still got the scar to remind me............

Yes, I know Tony - I don't usually stay long enough on the bank to get injured......;)

robtherake

Reaction score
Not angling-related, but recurring bouts of sciatica have made it difficult to get any steam up; every time I was getting to grips with an angling situation I'd have to have a few weeks off and start again. This latest bout is the worst yet - I just hope it's not a harbinger of things to come. Still, I got out a bit and caught a few, so it wasn't all bad.

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Derek

Only a stroke and a heart attack in the last 4 months of the season, fishing, what's that ?

Bob