Local fishing club member trying ban piking

magicone

Reaction score
Heard today a member of the Newport Angling Club in Wales, aims to bring a motion to Ban Pike fishing on the club's several waters at the next AGM.

So anyone who enjoys Pike Fishing or see's no reason why it should be Banned and lives in the area.

So you should attend the next AGM to defeat the motion.

magicone

Reaction score
As far of what is known, this member is long standing and supposedly has some clout within.

The only possibly reason thought of by the informant, is that he is a matchman and don't like being disturbed.

The bad one

Reaction score
How so are they disturbing him?
Are they casting plugs in his swim or something?
If they are the anglers want banning from the club not the methord.

steve2

Reaction score
My club as already banned all forms of summer pike fishing. When I asked for a ban winter carp fishing to give the pike anglers some space, no need to tell you what the answer was.

rayner

Reaction score
Heard today a member of the Newport Angling Club in Wales, aims to bring a motion to Ban Pike fishing on the club's several waters at the next AGM.

So anyone who enjoys Pike Fishing or see's no reason why it should be Banned and lives in the area.

You are the magicone do your stuff.

greenie62

Reaction score

Normally - one has to be a member of the club/association in order to attend an AGM - and certainly to vote on a motion! I'm not sure it's the right thing to do - to a local club - to broadcast it's internal business on a national platform - particularly when you only present a portion of the story through hearsay!

Organisations - like the BBC - are careful of presenting a 'balanced' approach to contraversial topics - particularly in the run-up to a vote - in order to ensure that they don't use their position to unreasonably sway the voters. A similar editorial stance seems to be usually employed on this forum - not least to prevent legal action! :eek:

Many clubs introduce bans on Pike Angling during the Summer months for fish health n safety reasons - sometimes at the behest of the club's predator anglers having witnessed poor fish care and handling at a time when the fish can become stressed. This is the Club's business in deciding how it wants to run its fisheries.

I'm sure that the club in question will have a lively and reasonable discussion before voting on the motion and that the result will reflect the feelings of the paying membership.

It may be interesting to learn how this turns out - if there are any members who attend the AGM perhaps they could let us know?
Da boch chwi a Tight Lines :thumbs:

magicone

Reaction score
Many clubs introduce bans on Pike Angling during the Summer months for fish health n safety reasons - sometimes at the behest of the club's predator anglers having witnessed poor fish care and handling at a time when the fish can become stressed. This is the Club's business in deciding how it wants to run its fisheries.

That's all very well, but at some waters I visit. Those who catch a fish larger than they are used to, panic and don't know what to do about landing it or don't have a landing net and then removing the hook.

So it's alright for one and not the other.

Although I'm not a member, the info has been passed from one member to another and I was there when it was mentioned. The member has no computer.