stage stands?

nova12

Reaction score
I've seen some stage stands for a good price the stands them selves are 2 inches high and come with either 3,4,5 inch inserts I will be using them for feeder rod where I can't get a bank stick in and 1 carp rod setup also but what size inserts would be best suited will the 3 inch be too small or 5 inch too high as I like my feeder tip close to the water ? Anybody else use there as the venues i go the water is over 4 feet deep at your peg and it's a nightmare to get a stick in

robtherake

Reaction score
I've seen some stage stands for a good price the stands them selves are 2 inches high and come with either 3,4,5 inch inserts I will be using them for feeder rod where I can't get a bank stick in and 1 carp rod setup also but what size inserts would be best suited will the 3 inch be too small or 5 inch too high as I like my feeder tip close to the water ? Anybody else use there as the venues i go the water is over 4 feet deep at your peg and it's a nightmare to get a stick in

It'll depend on the height of the staging from the water, the angle you want your rods to be at, the distance between front and rear rod rests and (obviously) which combination of inserts you've chosen. You'll want the lowest ones for the front and the longest ones at the rear, more than likely. It's a suck-it-and-see situation. :)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
If its only 4 foot deep you can get banksticks long enough that extend for that depth of water.

If you like the rod tip near the water, then i take it you will have the butt higher, maybe on your knee or in another rod rest.

The best thing to do is buy a small cheap extendable bankstick you can cut this down a bit, then you can adjust it as you need it, the same for the back rest if you use one.

I have stage stands, and i only use them if i can't get my long bank sticks in the water, and thats about 8 foot when extended, allowing a foot or so to go into the water bed.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
The best thing to do is buy a small cheap extendable bankstick you can cut this down a bit, then you can adjust it as you need it, the same for the back rest if you use one.

That's exactly what I did and it works a treat. I have to say that if I'm fishing from a stage then I always use a stand irrespective of what I'm doing. I just prefer the solid stability of a stand.

nova12

Reaction score
You mean cut a small extendable bank stick to put in the stage stand?

rayner

Reaction score
I fish a venue that has deep water from the stagings I prefer to fish from. I use a feeder arm, made for the job :thumbs: