sonubaits

Specihunter

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if they have caught well with sonubaits please as i may be using it on the royalty.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
I've used them for carp and they've been good. The bream also like the hali hookers.

My favourites are the funny squshy hook baits. With the powder inside. Sorry can't remember the name.

F

Fred Bonney

They certainly attract the carp,last week using the feedpellets, after being inundated with skimmers on a caster maggot approach, the carp moved in.

I won the pub match.

Fred Boniface

Reaction score
I have been using the 8mm S pellets - they have worked for me at Clattercote and at Furzton (MK). These were in conjuction with a Method feeder using various groundbaits - once using the Sonu Method Mix.

However they were not succesful when I tried them on the Avon at Lifelands on two trips in August and September. That was used in conjuction with small pellet / feeder approach.

E

EC

I've done Ok with the S pellets.

Their paste pellets are dead versatile too Speci.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
When using the skinz I've used the same feed pellets with them and its worked well.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Yoggy has caught chub with them on the nene and welland speci.

I know we are gonna have some baitfrom sonu supplied to us but it still aint gonna stop me from bringing some tried and trusted stuff with me,which i will more than likely use first.

Good old lob worms which i will dig up from my garden on tuesday and good old flavoured meat.

S

Sean Meeghan

I use the Halli Hookers regularly. barbel and chub love them.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Using the 'S' pellets on both float and feeder I have caught barbel, chub, roach, tench, carp and dace so they are pretty versatile but that doesn't mean they work all the time and on all venues. As with all baits it is just another bait in the armoury and so easy to keep and I have both 6mm and 8mm in my bacg at all times.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Having won some sonu baits a while back,wasn't sure about them if I am honest but after giving them a proper go with the lad I have to say I was well impressed,I used the dissolvable feed pellets with hookers in the little packets,and outfished all around using other pellets on more than one occasion.Heavily stocked fisheries I rate them but not tried them on rivers were the hali rules.

P

pons

If you want to use a superb Barbel mix in the feeder,the hali crush ,which is crushed halibuts pellet and crushed hemp mixed with the Fin perfect no 2 mix and some tinned hemp ,including the juice,along with a few 4mm halibut pellets works fantastically.

Mix half a bag of halicrush ,half tin of hemp,plus all the juice,half a bag of no 2 ,plus some csl liquid ,stir vigouressly,leave for a bit,then check consistency,if to dry or too wet top up with some yof the remaining mix.

I add the 4mm pellets as I go to each feeder full ,more or less according to how the fish are having it.

The new toughened S Pellets are excellent,as are the pre drilled crab and hali pellets,8 mm,are best in daytime from my experience.

Try longer hook links than usual.and smaller hooks,I use S5s in 8-12s

This has been my standard mix on the Wye this year where we haver caught serious amounts of fish in all conditions ,coloured or clear.

Pons

Reaction score
Imo the best bait in the world wont catch you a fish if the fish aint feeding ? wot one person might class as a super bait another person might hate its a personal thing go and try a bag but take your other bait with you . I belive in todays magazines in which every few pages are trying to sell you the latest must have flavour boilie pellet that they catch more angler than fish

F

Fred Bonney

Too true Brendan.

I have to say, I've not triedmy prize Sonu with my river fishing, but for the muddy puddle they seem to work ok.

If I hadn't won them, I wouldn't havebought them.

Specihunter

Reaction score
cheers pon and the rest i'm tempted to go hemp and casters or my dynimte mix.