PVA mesh bag feeder works!

fishplate42

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago, AT had an article about modifying flat-backed method feeders to carry PVA bags. I decided to have a go at making a couple for myself.

I tried them out on Sunday and they worked much better than I had expected. Now I am wondering what I can fill them with and what hookbait to use to target particular fish. Any tips or advice would be welcome as I have not used this method before last Sunday. You can see how I the day went on my blog, there is a link in my signature below.

Ralph ;)

greenie62

Reaction score
Thanks Ralph for the feedback on the AT article and the - yet again - excellent write-ups in your blog.
Some good tips on usability of the feeders - particularly when wet - to avoid a groundbait shower :eek: - and comparison with the 'standard' method.
Keep up the good work :thumbs:

rayner

Reaction score
I use the exact same method for using liquidised bread in deep water for feed with popped up bread.
Got it off a Raison utube vid a couple of year ago.

nova12

Reaction score
I've used this too with crushed tigers small 4mm pellets and crushed boilies mixed and did also work a treat be better if pva was cheaper though

tom_moran

Reaction score
I use pva products stuff, can be had pretty cheap and they do deals quite often through the mailing list.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I use PVA for floater fishing. No need for anything other than your hook bait.

Fill your PVA with the bait of your choice, add a stone for weight. Attach to the hook via some PVA tape, and cast out.

The PVA melts in seconds and your free offerings are around your hook bait. You don't need bubble floats or any float at all, just watch your bait and line.

You can also do the same with floating crust if you want more distance. Wrap some PVA tape around a stone, put your crust on the hook, tie the stone round the hook with PVA tape and cast.

fishplate42

Reaction score
I must be missing something? :confused:

Why use the method feeder and not a pva bag with a bomb?

Those were my thoughts when I first read the article. Then somebody pointed out that is was a quicker method for match fishing. Last Sunday I gave it a try and compared it using two identical rod set-ups. You can see how it went, about halfway down HERE.

Ralph.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Those were my thoughts when I first read the article. Then somebody pointed out that is was a quicker method for match fishing. Last Sunday I gave it a try and compared it using two identical rod set-ups. You can see how it went, about halfway down HERE.

Ralph.

I thought the same.

Bag on the hook, and cast.

Twist wire to hold it in place. Then cast.

Don't think there is much in it.

Last edited: