Quick release landing net adaptors...

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thank's Seth, I was only after one for my landing net so i've just bought a Korum version. Those prologic do look the best value if you want several of them.

robtherake

Reaction score
I've use the Prologic ones on a landing net and found that they tend to distort after a while (go oval.)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've use the Prologic ones on a landing net and found that they tend to distort after a while (go oval.)

I've never used any Rob, just thought it might make life a little easier when weighing a fish in the net. I'm fed up of bending over holding the net head in the water and unscrewing it...ok it only takes a few seconds but it always feels like forever :eek:mg:.

rayner

Reaction score
In my opinion the prologic are the best by far I've bought the cheap copies from ebay and they wear easy.
They are held together by ball bearings that fit into holes, the holes are in the part that stays on the net head.
On the ebay copies the holes wear big causing the net to wobble and eventually fail.
Prologic quick release connectors are the original product and the ones I use do not show any noticeable wear.
The old prologics were silver the new design is black, well worth the cost.
I use them on keepnets, landing nets, pole roosts in fact anything that needs unscrewing.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I have the Pro logic old Mk1, silver. Never let me down, no wear, best on the market IMO. Cheap wear out, and others are well over priced.

robtherake

Reaction score
I've never used any Rob, just thought it might make life a little easier when weighing a fish in the net. I'm fed up of bending over holding the net head in the water and unscrewing it...ok it only takes a few seconds but it always feels like forever :eek:mg:.

In fairness, it took a serious amount of stick before it failed; plus it was the lighter-duty of the two available options. The two parts need to fit together perfectly if wobble is to be avoided because they'll be taking a lot more hammer than they were designed for - the one I was using had previously seen service with my Fox alarms so was probably a bit under-gunned for the task. The chunkier, the better, IMHO. :)

john step

Reaction score
Tigger, take a look at the price of the Maver one you put up on your thread.!!!

No amend that to the KORUM one £96.97!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In fairness, it took a serious amount of stick before it failed; plus it was the lighter-duty of the two available options. The two parts need to fit together perfectly if wobble is to be avoided because they'll be taking a lot more hammer than they were designed for - the one I was using had previously seen service with my Fox alarms so was probably a bit under-gunned for the task. The chunkier, the better, IMHO. :)

I think prologic do them in threee versions Rob, small, medium and large when I looked at 'em.
As I said, I was only after one for the landing net head and so plumped for the Korum, if it's no good i'll get a prologic in future. I did like the idea of the cam lock on the Korum.

robtherake

Reaction score
I think prologic do them in threee versions Rob, small, medium and large when I looked at 'em.
As I said, I was only after one for the landing net head and so plumped for the Korum, if it's no good i'll get a prologic in future. I did like the idea of the cam lock on the Korum.

I like the look of those, Ian. Think I'll give it a try myself. :)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tigger, take a look at the price of the Maver one you put up on your thread.!!!

No amend that to the KORUM one £96.97!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeeez, i've just checked and when I bought mine from that seller this morning it was £6.97....thank the lord I hadn't paid the £96.97 !!!!!!!!!!!

I reckon they must have sold out and done that pricing thing that Binka pointed out recently on another thread....were they just put up a mad price to stop people buying until they get some more in stock so they don't have to pay a re-listing fee.