''Ducking dog muck''.

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
I had a recci around a couple of waters this last week, two stillwaters and a canal, and what a bloody disgrace, dog **** everywhere. There's no excuse, it was present in every entry point and along every pathway, I despair. Two of those waters have clearly posted signs declaring, ''Dogs must be kept on a leash''. If that isn't a case of giving the finger to all and sundry, I don't know what is.

thecrow

Reaction score
Unfortunately there are in my view 2 levels of dog owner, the first are responsible owners that clean up after their dog the other group are imo the reason that dogs get a bad name, its not the dogs fault its dirty idle owners and it wouldn't surprise me if the are also responsible for throwing rubbish out of car windows. Its indicative of the couldn't care less attitude that is prevalent in the country I am afraid.

I embarrassed a woman last year in our local park who's dog defecated and she just walked on, I shouted after her about not cleaning it up which prompted other to do the same, she cleaned it up.

The bungalow I have moved to is in a row of 4 (still on death row :D) all have dogs, all allow their dogs onto the large grassy area at the front of the properties yet there is not one piece of dog **** to be found on there.

tom_moran

Reaction score
The club I'm a member of has allowed dogs onto some of our waters as of this month. Judging by the mess some anglers leave I'd imagine there's going to be **** everywhere, and those who do pick it up will probably leave it hanging in a bush somewhere. Sealed the fate of the club for me, I wont be renewing

wanderer

Reaction score
You lot are going to slaughter me, cos i have been spreading it on my venue, if you give the Otters notice of the presence of a large meat eating carnivore, they disappear, and it works.

tom_moran

Reaction score
There's a diffetence placing some of it in out of the way places and letting your dog **** all over the paths though surely

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I have two dogs, and i can't stand it when dog owners just walk off after the dog has Sh!t. I have pulled up owners a few times, and they don't like it when you make them look SH!t in public.

I like to take my dogs fishing once in a while, an afternoon just relaxing with the dogs is enjoyable. I am lucky that i fish a water well out of the way and more often than not, i am on my own at the water.

Clubs I am in don't allow dogs at their venues, thats fine with me.

Lazy Ar$ed Owners, again its Humans, not the dogs and wildlife messing up the Countryside.

sumtime

Reaction score
The greatest bane on the land, brain dead selfish...humans? you cannot blame a dog only some idiots in charge of them. :mad:

I walk 400yds to my daughter's house every morning to take my g/daughter to school, the pavements are an abomination, I sent an email to our city's Mayor and Team explaining the state of the area riddled with dog excreta and my concerns.

Here is the reply.......
++++++++++++++++++++
Thank you for your email below regarding dog fouling in your area.

I have referred your concerns to the Council’s Streetscene Manager, who has advised me that Enforcement Officers and Dog Wardens will undertake patrols within the area to commence from 23rd November 2015. *These visits will be made in both hi visibility uniforms and by plain clothed officers who will issue fixed penalty notices to an owner of a dog who fails to clean up after their animal is witnessed fouling the highways.

I have also asked the Streetscene Manager, Mr Kenny Brew to arrange for signs warning against dog fouling to be erected within the areas you have referred to in your email.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nothing has been done, in fact the problem is worse than before, I haven't spotted any signs or anyone from the council, a total waste of time. I walk mostly off the pavement too as it's the cleanest, safest area to walk. :mad:

steve2

Reaction score
Fortunately none of my clubs allow dogs but there is still s**t that long stay anglers leave behind the bushes. All these fisheries have toilets so there is no need for it.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I’ve traveled many miles along the local rivers and backwaters and , as yet, have only encountered one other angler. I assume that dogs/dog walkers are not allowed as the waters are all on farmland with no right of access(other than to club members) - therefore no dog sh1t – plenty of Canada Goose sh1t along the Gt Ouse though...................
go1_zpsm8cjktcx.jpg

steve2

Reaction score
I remember private one lake in Hampshire that I use to fish that was plagued with Canada geese and geese mess. Went back the following year no geese, asked where they went, answer, we shot them. He also did the same to cormorants.

rayner

Reaction score
There's a woman who lives close to my home, she has a little yappy Yorkshire Terrier.
I caught her on the phone with the dog on a lead at the gate to my home. The dog was squatting getting ready to do it's business so I went outside, too late it was done. I said to the woman can you move that please, she shot me such a look and just walked away. You can imagine my thoughts but I said nothing.
I went to the back of my home, got a shovel and a stick and took her mess back to her. I dropped it on her step and spread it with the stick.
As I was doing this the dog was at the door yapping and the woman looked through her window saw me opened the door and said what are you doing in a irate tone.
I just said returning your sh!t, I also said the next turd outside my gate would find it's way back to her.
This carried on when her husband came to see me.
The upshot is he's still a friend and his wife crosses the road to avoid me.
She does now pick up after her dog.

sumtime

Reaction score
Most of these cretins take their dogs for walks to dump, early morning and later evening.
I have CCTV, one morning I was watching the vid when I spotted a young local man walking past our house, the dog dumped and he immediately cleaned it up, good man.

I always carry with me a small camera, a Veho Muvi 003, it's about 2" long, one day I'll catch someone on my way to my daughter's house from mine, I'll ask politely first, if I get any grief I'll show them the camera.

I could not truly blow anyone up but it could deter them from future occurrences. I mentioned CCTV to the council but think it fell on deaf ears, they'd make a fortune round our way. :rolleyes:

robtherake

Reaction score
I live in a lovely Victorian seaside town, steeped in history, but unfortunately buried in dog doings, too. Literally everyone and his dog comes to walk the beach and amble round the town, but the worst offenders aren't the day visitors. The pavements are rather narrow, so I walk my pooches in the spacious (and booty-filled:)) back streets. In some places - despite regular council patrols - there are heaps of dog sh1t, left there by the kind of dog owner who lets them out to **** and cant be arrsed to pick it up. I've encountered enough outraged residents to know that the last person they suspect is the nice man from next door - you can see the lights going on in their eyes when I explain that on a night you can see these idiots on their back step, smoking a roll-up while their animal adds to the mess. Almost to a man, they're convinced that responsibility lies with people like me, who actually bother to exercise their animals and pick up after them as morality dictates you should.

Unfortunately, there is - and always will be - an amoral element (what their minds are like, I dread to think) who are responsible for littering of every sort, cause grievances with their neighbours; who are basically a boil on society's bum. The problem isn't educating these idiots, because they're ineducable in this regard and will always remain boorish and unprincipled. I say shoot the bu99ers and save the rest of us a whole load of grief.

Keith M

Reaction score
You lot are going to slaughter me, cos i have been spreading it on my venue, if you give the Otters notice of the presence of a large meat eating carnivore, they disappear, and it works.

My daughter used to work at whipsnade zoo and because I read somewhere that poo from a lion or tiger is a brilliant deterant to domestic cats in a garden I put some of it around the perimeter of my garden, but it certainly didn't keep cats out of my garden that's for sure so I wouldn't be too confident about it working, although otters may be different Lol.

Keith

Last edited:

sumtime

Reaction score
Well would you believe it? :mad: earlier I walked up to my daughter's only to find a dollop of this stuff right by her front gate, it wasn't there last night when I left. I power washed her front on Thursday too.

They've had it now, where's my AK47? :mad:

wanderer

Reaction score
Rather the otters than the dogs any day .

PG ...

I would never take my dogs fishing, i have done so in the past, i only have ever owned working breeds, a Black Labrador champion gundog, tried to retreive everything i cast and chased ducks willy nilly, beloved border collies, used to disappear hunting for hours because they were bored, 2 German Shepherds, anyone approaching daddy was threatened in no uncertain terms, i love dogs, and fishing and the two dont mix, but dog muck deters the hairy fish killers, i dont prefer otters, the damage they do is enormous.

B

binka

I fell foul of the ginger mud a couple of months ago on a local lake, I knelt down in some reasonably long grass to unhook a fish and when I got up it was all over the knee of my bib 'n brace.

Dirty Barstewards!

I have a bit of a thing about this as I nearly died when I was six from a parasite which is left on grass months after dog $hit has broken down and gone.

Couldn't eat anything for months and ended up weighing next to nothing, my throat contracted so much that all I could consume was strained soup and they eventually discovered I had a tape worm from the damn stuff which was most likely picked up from a local park grass area.

Dirty, Dirty, Inconsiderate Barstewards!

If I had my way, those that knowingly leave it behind would have their bloody faces smeared with it.

Rant over :)