Viewing you pictures on our HD tv

C

Cakey

just posted this on think camera but thought Id better put it here to

I had to install a complete system into a new house with HD tvs everywhere running from a central point ( each fibre optic HDMI lead was £650 and he ony needed 21)

anyway one of the items to be install so it could be seen everywhere in HD was Apple TV

I noticed that it had a photo viewing section on it which was done through Flickr ,having some pictures on FlickrI put in my user name (the only cakey if anyone wants to look) and wooooosh there was my pictures up on a 60" screen in full HD and they looked superb

its a small box which only needs power and a HDMI lead to your tv and wireless internet connection

Ive had mine a week now and for £250 for 160gb(£184 for smaller 40gb model) its a superb way of viewing pictures in HD

the box does other things by the way like renting or buying films ,buying tv programs ,viewing You tube and listening to i tunes and can be seen HEREfor full specs

dont buy from apple store though ,Amazon are cheaper

another brill idea with it is you can see all your mates pictures in HD if they are on Flickr

M

MarkTheSpark

Cakey. You seem to know about this stuff. I want to get HDMI across a room. Will a simple 15-metre HDMI cable routed through the ceiling (it's for a projector) be OK? Someone told me the picture will be total carp, another that it might not be quite as good as a shorter cable, but fine.

One even told me that 15m HDMI cables shouldn't be on sale at all, they are so bad.

C

Cakey

why dont the noyification work on all threads ?

good job he PM'ed me/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

M

MarkTheSpark

I think it only notofies you once, then if you don't go and take a look, doesn't send another notification. Anyway, mate, my very grateful thanks for your words of wisdom