I'm going out of my mind...

robtherake

Reaction score
Nearly a month now without wetting a line and cabin fever has me unable to think straight. How badly are you affected by enforced idleness?

Last edited:

flightliner

Reaction score
Got my family here for a fortnight, idolise all of em but its gunna hurt being away from the waterside.
A slim chance next week maybe!.

lee_j

Reaction score
Was in hospital at the end of Jan , passed out with severe pain so because of my job I had to inform dvla , been on the sick since Jan which has got me going out of my mind but I thought the fishings paid for a year I'll just fish on full sick pay :D just before Easter I received a letter from dvla telling me my car licence has been revoked until I can get a doctors letter saying I'm no longer under the influence of the strong pain killers I was on :mad:

I too am going out of my mind !

thecrow

Reaction score
I have had to become used to fishing far less as I have got older although by todays standards I am not that old (67).

Thankfully due to a member on here who I consider a friend I have been able to get out more than I did during the better weather and I am hoping that can continue next season, he knows who he is and I would like to thank him for that.

This place also keeps my pecker up :eek: as its my contact with other anglers and although not the same as walking the banks and chatting it comes pretty close for me.

theartist

Reaction score
Moving house so most the gear is packed up anyhow, the silver lining to getting moved on is the timing of the whole thing, if this was mid June i'd be going bonkers.

Also the weather hasn't been great but I was out yesterday walking the canal in the aftermath of Storm Katie and I did wish I was wetting a line when I got to a spot that was out of the wind but running through like a river.

thecrow

Reaction score
Moving house so most the gear is packed up anyhow, the silver lining to getting moved on is the timing of the whole thing, if this was mid June i'd be going bonkers.

Best of luck with the move, having done it just over a week ago and still trying to get things sorted I know you will have plenty to keep you busy for a while.

theartist

Reaction score
Best of luck with the move, having done it just over a week ago and still trying to get things sorted I know you will have plenty to keep you busy for a while.

Cheers Crow I'm so busy at the moment but still getting the itch already like the rest of us, can't believe it's still only March.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Until the weather improves, or at least becomes slightly more predictable, I am only fishing if I feel I have a real chance of catching as all the effort, not to mention cost, is just not worth it....
March / April never been great for me, so I'm catching up with house stuff and getting the gear in order

ps Oh, I might just make a few more floats as well, with a bit of light Sheringham to stave off the boredom and give me a smile or two....

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
The Close Season has never bothered me, in fact I support its' continuance, and never fish still waters for coarse fish during the Close Season either.

From early April onward I fish wholly for Trout on the fly, and in fact don't bother with the river again for coarse fish until late August or early September depending on the weather and river conditions.

There is a mass of trout fishing generally available to all and not necessarily too expensive either, even less so if you like to eat Trout, which I don't, so my neighbours are often in for a freebie dinner . . . . .

So, no need for cabin fever as very usable trout outfits are available at most decent tackle shops or even on-line.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Think I've been out twice since Christmas. Last being the end of season hurrah at Bury Hill which never fails to disappoint. Just entering the manic period at work which will see off most of April...only then will I be in the right frame of mind to go. I have learned over many years that there is absolutely no point in me going if I don't have me head on. Right now my head is not on.

But not getting out for me is never more than a niggle and doesn't affect me that badly...not now anyway. There is more to life than fishing.

rayner

Reaction score
I struggled late last year, for no reason I couldn't get motivated.
Since joining this forum my mojo is back.