Pole Elastics - Help with ID

magicone

Reaction score
I need some help trying to Identify my Elastics in my two poles. They were already elasticated when I had em off a mate, whom I've lost contact.

The normal 13mt pole has a Yellow Hollow elastic approx. 2.6mm dia. Having caught up to a 13lb carp on this and without a bung pulla etc.

The other used as a 3mt Margin pole has a solid Red elastic approx. 3.10mm dia. and caught greater than 13lb again with a bung pulla etc.

Can anyone ID these elastics, please.

thanks

lee_j

Reaction score
Take them in your tackle shop mate surely they will know what they are .

magicone

Reaction score
Ok let me ask a different question.

What size hollow elastic would you recommend fishing for carp up to approx. 11lbs on a 13 mtr pole.

Also for a 3 mtr margin pole with carp greater than 12lbs.

Bearing in mind neither pole has a pulla kit/bung.

thanks

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Preston Hollo no 16 ( dark blue ) or 19 (purple)will do for both but it's cheaper to buy Daiwa Hydro in red for roughly the same effect.
If you haven't used either type before? they do stretch a lot longer than solid so be prepared.

dannyboy1

Reaction score
Ok let me ask a different question.

What size hollow elastic would you recommend fishing for carp up to approx. 11lbs on a 13 mtr pole.

Also for a 3 mtr margin pole with carp greater than 12lbs.

Bearing in mind neither pole has a pulla kit/bung.

thanks

First thing I suggest is if you don't want to fish with pullas use soild elastic. Second is your question is too vast mate depending on venue size,depth, average size fish and so on.

You can get very large carp out on very light hollows like 9h and 11h (with a pulla) but if your near snags then may not be a great idea.

Kit up for your average size fish

Sent from my HP 8 G2 using Tapatalk

magicone

Reaction score
Thanks for that.

Before I finally decide which elastic to purchase for my style of fishing with venues I visit.

What are the differences with 'Preston Innovation​s' Hollo Pole Elastic and Dura Hollo Pole Elastic.

thanks