those little things

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
That cost a couple of quid in the tackle shop such a pole float anchors or float stops - where do they go to?

For example yesterday I tidied out my pole floats and found I had about 8 that needed rigs making up for - now I know I'd bought a packet of float anchors recently and only used a couple but there were only 3 left
is it just me or does anyone else loose things like these

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
is it just me or does anyone else loose things like these

Must be you Paul . . . . .

I am rather obsessive compulsive about keeping everything neat and tidy; a place for everything and everything in its' place.

I have partitioned poxes for all my pole rig making kit so I can see instantly if I am running short of anything.

The same goes for mY feeder fishing and float fishing with partitioned boxes so I can see if I am running short of any integral piece.

As I said . . a bit O.C.D.

Last edited:

rubio

Reaction score
With me the pattern seems to be that I notice I need some small accoutrement which I forget to buy when I go to get fresh bait. Repeat 3/4 times more. Eventually make a trip to tackle shop specifically to get whatever it is then forget where I've put it.
There seems not to be a way back from this mental decay. Or if there is please share.

B

binka

I wouldn't mind some of the stuff making it as far as the waterside, I bought three packs of Preston micro swivels the other day and they'd vanished before I even got home :eek:mg:

flightliner

Reaction score
I have a corner shelf in my garage with lots of bits n bats that I find when fishing , enough to keep me going for a while for sure.
The latest addition was a complete chod rig that some carp angling numpty left hanging on a wire fence some two steps out into water that wouldnt reach halfway up a pair of wellies. Line, leadcore,swivels, links, complete with baited hook that the culprit couldnt even be ars - - to retrieve.
The bait was hanging within easy reach of any swan reaching up for it.
The cretin had also left a load of litter along with a load of line wrapped up neatly and placed in an empty coffee container.
Sorry, going off thread but I hope the guy reads this! Grrrrrrr.

robtherake

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind some of the stuff making it as far as the waterside, I bought three packs of Preston micro swivels the other day and they'd vanished before I even got home :eek:mg:

Ever tried these? They really are the business, although I misplace them (along with a whole host of other stuff) on a regular basis. I've tried to duplicate the essential items in each of my made-up tackle bags, but things inevitably get forgotten.

Cralusso Fine Match Quick Snap Swivels | Ted Carter

steve2

Reaction score
Gave up buying pole float anchors, elastic bands are far cheaper and just as good.

tom_moran

Reaction score
Yep, but I'm extremely disorganised amd very short on space. I'd absolutely love to have two days at home with nobody around so I could get all my kit in one place and sort it out, I might even get it done in a day(then o could go fishing the second day).

robtherake

Reaction score
Yep, but I'm extremely disorganised amd very short on space. I'd absolutely love to have two days at home with nobody around so I could get all my kit in one place and sort it out, I might even get it done in a day(then o could go fishing the second day).

I finally did just that, Tom; not just the fishing equipment, but everything I own. Now it's all tidy and organised, but I need a whole new mental inventory to tell me what was moved where.:eek:mg:

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Must be you Paul . . . . .

I am rather obsessive compulsive about keeping everything neat and tidy; a place for everything and everything in its' place.

I have partitioned poxes for all my pole rig making kit so I can see instantly if I am running short of anything.

The same goes for mY feeder fishing and float fishing with partitioned boxes so I can see if I am running short of any integral piece.

As i said . . a bit O.C.D.

Yes I have compartment boxes with all the small bits in it , beads, swivels ect , but I still lose things

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind some of the stuff making it as far as the waterside, I bought three packs of Preston micro swivels the other day and they'd vanished before I even got home

Ah, so . you LOST them even before you could BREAK them?

That is a record even for you binks

;)

robtherake

Reaction score
yep agree! they look better than those bulky quick change beads that I never use! :thumbs:

Just a quick heads-up - the size 14 swivels have a breaking strain of 9 lbs, the size 12s break at just over 15lbs. Worth bearing in mind, depending on the intended use. The 14s are equivalent in weight to a number 10 shot, the 12s weigh the same as a number 8, which is very handy to know for setting-up purposes.

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
I would be absolutely fine at keeping everything in its proper place - if I never went fishing!!

I arrive at the bank in gloriously organised fashion, every last thing in its proper place. By the time I've been fishing for two hours, every thing is strewn about every which where and I can't find anything!

john step

Reaction score
I would be absolutely fine at keeping everything in its proper place - if I never went fishing!!

I arrive at the bank in gloriously organised fashion, every last thing in its proper place. By the time I've been fishing for two hours, every thing is strewn about every which where and I can't find anything!

I went on line and bought a "bait waiter" that fits to the end of a bankstick. I have it next to my chair. Not only for bait but disgorger,scissors, etc and a place to put my coffee flask cup.
I lose less kit and it saves the back as I like the long leg type chair.

robtherake

Reaction score
I went on line and bought a "bait waiter" that fits to the end of a bankstick. I have it next to my chair. Not only for bait but disgorger,scissors, etc and a place to put my coffee flask cup.
I lose less kit and it saves the back as I like the long leg type chair.

I bought a deep side-tray that fixes to my Korum chair, ostensibly for bait, but it doubles as an "odds and sods" container. Bad idea - it's now so full that things spill out of it while I rummage. I think I'll have to go back to using a bait waiter, that way I can only use what comfortably fits inside a 3 pint Drennan box.

The Runner

Reaction score
Bait boxes and lids. Why do the numbers of each that you can find never match?

And why, no matter how many pole rigs you set up , can you always find one fewer empty winder when you pack in ?

B

binka

I’ve been for bait this morning and bought a couple of small bits just to top up again.

I still use these cheap Leeda compartment boxes for my pike/zander rig bits with the nature of the stuff being bigger…

I had a bit of a rethink earlier this year as I found they were a bit too big for normal stuff and so I bought a tiny rig bag and a couple of Taska bit boxes which were 99p each and it’s amazing how much stuff you can get in them.

Better still it fits in my waistcoat pocket when I want to wander along the river with the minimum of gear…

Looking at this it appears to contain:

Tapered bore beads large
Tapered bore beads small
Swivel sleeves large
Swivel sleeves small
Swivels large
Swivels small
Low resistance run rings
Quick clips large
Quick clips small
Snap link swivels
Silicone sleeves green
Silicone sleeves clear
Helicopter rigs
Lead clips
Lead links
Grippa stops
Maggot clips small
Maggot clips medium
Maggot clips large
Baiting needle
Bait drill
Hair stops various (and I still use bits of twig instead lol)

I will only ever take this if I’m fishing the tip or bobbins as everything for general float fishing is in another bag and I have doubled up on the odd bits of gear where necessary so that I’m not carting stuff around that I don’t need to.

Not only am I a self-confessed tackle tart but it also appears that I’ve turned into a “bit bitch” too :eek:mg: