Rod tubes?

nova12

Reaction score
Just wondering how many people use rod tubes to carry there float rods feeders etc. As I didn't realise till today you could get them they are a god send and protect your rods perfectly :)

robtherake

Reaction score
I used to, but they were discarded in an effort to keep weight down . Now just used for rod storage in the house or motorhome.

daniel121

Reaction score
I do I don't like carry rods ready made up, after saying that I'm not a matchman anymore.

I don't think I would anyway - it's not hardc to set up a meathod feeder and pellet waggler rod is it?

nova12

Reaction score
My rods arnt made up they are like drainpipe tubes

daniel121

Reaction score
Me neither, I'm not casting stones but I don't think it's worth the risk of damaging expensive rods?

I stick a korum bead in my mouth and feeder as I thread up soon as I'm at the tool ring thread feeder on this bead on and walk back sit on bix and select hooklink from my hooklenth box 4 minutes maybe 5 minutes.

I dont see point but each to their own,what do you match boys think?

john step

Reaction score
Just wondering how many people use rod tubes to carry there float rods feeders etc. As I didn't realise till today you could get them they are a god send and protect your rods perfectly :)

There are lighter weight tubes available ( in translucent green normally). I differentiate between rod types. Those with strong carp type rod rings I carry in my Korum padded rod holdall without tubes but those with delicate match type rings go in tubes.
This holdall takes 3 tubes and 3 not in tubes.

I think the speed of ready made up rods suits those with limited time, but there is no rush needed for me.

Red Army

Reaction score
I use them but for pole top kits rather then rods that I carry ready made.

B

binka

There are lighter weight tubes available ( in translucent green normally). I differentiate between rod types. Those with strong carp type rod rings I carry in my Korum padded rod holdall without tubes but those with delicate match type rings go in tubes.
This holdall takes 3 tubes and 3 not in tubes.

I think the speed of ready made up rods suits those with limited time, but there is no rush needed for me.

Exactly the same for me on the rod types and how they're carried.

The only thing I did make sure of was that I bought an open quiver that would take tubes in addition to made up rods as it seems easier to just zip the lid off my rod tube instead of fannying around inside a holdall looking for the right one.

robertroach

Reaction score
I use rod tubes and they do a good job of protecting them. They are black PVC
water pipes, but very heavy, too heavy really for their purpose.
Does anyone know where to get the green translucent lightweight tubes someone has mentioned?

carpinbob

Reaction score
Use them all the time protects my rods from damage enough said?

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Although rod tubes seem a little behind the times nowadays, I have to regard them as a Godsend.

I often have a look on ebay to see what Normark rods are up for sale and it's amazing how many are missing the top 1 to 4 inches.

How'd that happen then?? :)

john step

Reaction score
I use rod tubes and they do a good job of protecting them. They are black PVC
water pipes, but very heavy, too heavy really for their purpose.
Does anyone know where to get the green translucent lightweight tubes someone has mentioned?

Just did a quick ebay search. Ted Carter for one. Others are available as they say!

robertroach

Reaction score
Thanks Phil, I'll have a look there next time I'm in Ringwood. I like that shop anyway!

rayner

Reaction score
Taking rods made up in hard case bags forces me to limit the amount of tackle I take. I either take rods or pole never both.
I realise sticking to one method restricts my options.
Before I leave home I know exactly what I'm going to do with regard to tactics and baits I also have a very good idea which peg I shall fish.

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Where does the brolly go then?

What Brolly? After my first "Fish-in" on the Itchen I realised I didn't need one:eek::D

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

Before I leave home I know exactly what I'm going to do with regard to tactics and baits

Same here mate, for me it only goes wrong when I reach the river bank:doh: