Deadly new fly

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I have decided to release to the keen flyfishers amongst you the tying of a rather deadly fly I devised for fishing my local reservoir. Make no mistake this thing is dynamite and has caught me over 250 trout this year.

After deliberating for some time, I decided to call it "The Shelob" , in honour of my mate"More Spiders", well known to members of this website.

Hook:8 to 14 long shank

Silk: Black made from Mongolian link setting silkworms

Tail: Feather fibres from the Norwegian Blue Parrot secondary wing feathers, about 6

fibres.

Body: Mixture of clipped fibres from the egg casing of the South African black button spider mixed with the body hair of the Brazilian Wanderingspider dubbed.

Rib: 16 plaited strands of silk taken from the web of the Sydney Male Funnel Web Spider.

Thorax: About 6 turns of Dodo herl.

Hackle: a double hen and cock hackle of the pied whistlethrosset warbler found inwellitty woggerwoo trees next to billabongs in the Northern Territory.

Wing: A rolled wing of Willingson's Wacket Wadgeroo Throcket.

Cheeks: The red markings cut from the upper body of the Redback spider. Two are required per fly.

How to fish.

This isa wet pattern best fished with a slow sinking or intermediate line. Good luck, especially with obtaining the materials.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Simpkins of Smythe Street in Dalton - Rotherham. Hook is made from pure iridium which is a platinum group metal.

Ask for IP 345398765/ZLOPPYDROOX/55556.