Hello

brianemb

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new member to the forum.

No great shakes as a fisherman but I do enjoy it. Only fish waggler or pole and mainly commercials. Little and often is my style of fishing, not out to break any records.

greenie62

Reaction score
Hi Brian,
Welcome to the mad-house! Whereabouts in the country are you? - And what sort of fish are you after? Waggler and pole in commercials covers a lot of ground in terms of species - from tiddler-bashing through to carp-hauling! ;)

I'm sure you'll find some on here that will be able to provide a few pointers no matter what species you are into!

Tight Lines :thumbs:

brianemb

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome.

I live in Kent and usually fish Monk Lakes or Bax Farm. I also fish the Medway very occassionally in Maidstone. I'm not really into any specific species in particular, although I do enjoy getting a nice bag of Roach. Largest Roach I've had is just over a pound and would like to improve on that a bit.

I'm looking to join a local club which has some lakes nearby but so far my request for a membership,form has been roundly ignored. I must conch them again soon.

daniel121

Reaction score
Well hello there Brian :D

I think I could help you out with that Roach mate:thumbs:

daniel121

Reaction score
If had a time machine all you have to do was trickle feed wheat in a couple of pegs I knew on the erewash Canal in Nottingham. I'm going back a while though it would't work now days mate.

You never got many but you normally got one 12oz plus Roach In a session.

Its a little harder nowdays though but they are there mate:)

brianemb

Reaction score
I have now received the membership forms for the local club I was looking to join so that has now been returned to them.

I'm looking forward to being able to do some late evening fishing in the summer instead of being kicked out of the commercials at 7.00.