''What do you want from FM?''

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
In my case Derek it is:

All of the above and then add in the friendly banter and a little dose of the extraction of the urine on occasion and it is the perfect place to spend time reading and interacting with like-minded folks . . . . . .

thecrow

Reaction score
All of the things that you mention, I also use it (as well as phoning) for keeping in touch with other members through PMs. Its also a way of getting a break from the decorating that the recent move has involved :D

Being somewhat restricted in my fishing its my way of "chatting on the bank" not quite the same but a pretty good substitute.

greenie62

Reaction score
To be able to log in at all times would be a start...............

As above PLUS - some feedback from the Editor / Tech Support over the current spate of connectivity problems with some ideas about their resolution and the timescales for this.
The only answers we've had so far have been from SKBob regarding the Server Housekeeping times and a possible Server upgrade being due.
A bit more info for us long-suffering members would not go amiss! :eek:

AND - a slightly less 'clunky' way of handling PMs - many of us are having to spend a considerable amount of time in trimming down 'outboxes' to prevent the 'box over 90% full' warnings!

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
a slightly less 'clunky' way of handling PMs - many of us are having to spend a considerable amount of time in trimming down 'outboxes' to prevent the 'box over 90% full' warnings!

It is pretty easy really:

Go to the last page of your Inbox and click on the little box above the messages and this places a tick in the page.

Then click on the bar and select "Move to folder" and then click on "Go"

You will be asked for the name of the new folder but the system gives an option, so I simply click on the option.

Give it a try and see if it is quicker than however you do it . . . .

B

binka

Peter Jacobs' first post summed it up perfectly for me.

The only thing I would add is the ability, such as times like now, to continue to log in from my phone and catch up on the banter whilst my long drop perch bobbins are lifeless.

Forgot me rear rod rest heads too! :eek:mg:

At least I doubled up on the cheese sandwiches :)

greenie62

Reaction score
It is pretty easy really:

Go to the last page of your Inbox and click on the little box above the messages and this places a tick in the page.

Then click on the bar and select "Move to folder" and then click on "Go"

You will be asked for the name of the new folder but the system gives an option, so I simply click on the option.

Give it a try and see if it is quicker than however you do it . . . .

Thanks Peter,
Never noticed that before! - or that the 'Selected Folders' Action box is differerent between Inbox and Sent Items screens - I've always used the latter to archive items by downloading in CSV format - doh! :eek:mg:

john step

Reaction score
Just as everyone else so far. Apart from Binkas idea. My £9 Tesco mobile isn't up to that:eek:mg: You feel you get to know the others and enjoy the banter.

B

binka

Whats happened to that diet, if I am suffering its only fair that you do as well :)

I'm denying any knowledge :)

---------- Post added at 14:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:30 ----------

He's traded in a cherry pie for an extra round of sandwiches. Some diet eh ?

Never trade with food Skip, always insist on both :)

ciprinus

Reaction score
Peter Jacobs' first post summed it up perfectly for me.

The only thing I would add is the ability, such as times like now, to continue to log in from my phone and catch up on the banter whilst my long drop perch bobbins are lifeless.

Forgot me rear rod rest heads too! :eek:mg:

At least I doubled up on the cheese sandwiches :)

blessing in disguise probably binka,, if you aint got em you cant break/lose them :wh

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
Me? I'd like a regular stream of articles on methods, successes, disasters, humour, opinion, nostalgia, tackle, venues and 'Women I have fished with'...to name but a few!

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
I would like more about " Carp Fishing ", Best Alarm, Best Boilie, Best French Carp, Best Bivvy, Best Carp Photo, Best Ever Carp Angler, Best Carp caught on Traditional Tackle, Best Carp Reel, Best Ever Carp Rod and nothing about Match or Pleasure fishing.

But I reckon I'm going to be disappointed ?

:wh

Bob

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Quicker way to download photos / videos.

I get everything from FM that i want talking about fishing, and all the other things that we talk about. Seat boxes, breaking tackle, PIES, (meat and fruit).

The fish ins are great fun, and a way of meeting members, we could do with a few more.

daniel121

Reaction score
What I would like like from FM is simple.

I'm an old passionate bloke who simply loves to share and talk about things Im passionate about. I genuinely like to help people but I'm not without my faults :eek:hno: so I would like;

People to tolerate my little rants and memory lane trips, people to be friendly and take the P *** out of me and in return I would like to help anyone who I can and hopefully make their fishing a tiny bit better .

That's about it for me :thumbs:

flightliner

Reaction score
I like it pretty much as it is, I know most on here thro their posts and regard them as a pretty decant bunch of guys/anglers who are forthcoming with advice, banter and humour.
An easier numpty friendly way of uploading pics on the odd occasion would be a bonus, that way I wouldnt have to keep interupting Binka with a text and pik of some fish or other that needs uploading. It makes me feel guilty knowing he's trying to eat his pie.