Willows Fishery (formerly Bax Farm), Sittingbourne

brianemb

Reaction score
This is one of my local commercial fisheries which consists of two lakes and a stream.
Langley's Lake is a specimen lake for large carp which I myself have never fished. They have done a lot of work enlarging this lake recently and increased the stocking levels. There are lots of features to fish to and the reports I've seen recently show some very healthy looking fish being caught.
Pan Lake is a more general fishing lake but still with some large carp. The lake is narrow at one end and broadens out at the other hence the name.
My favourite place to fish is on the stream which is about 15m wide and accommodates about 60 pegs. There is a very gentle flow from left to right. Again carp are present but nothing too large and there are good size Bream and Roach to be had. It is ideal to fish using a pole.
If anybody is in the area I can recommend you paying a visit.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Have you fished the stream much over the past twelve months? I'd be interested to know what successes you have had.

The stream was my first venue when I returned to fishing in 2014 when under previous ownership, I had some brilliant days there catching a variety of fish, carp, tench. Perch and Bream. Under new ownership a restocking programme took place, not sure why, the stream seemed fine as it was. Only went twice last year and had poor days catching little.

brianemb

Reaction score
Hi S63,

I fished the stream several times last year and it fished well during the warmer months. It is harder during the winter because the water is so clear.

I understand when it changed ownership they emptied the fish from Farm Lake and redistributed them in the stream and Pan Lake. Since then they have enlarged the specimen lake and put more new carp in there. They also built some new swims on the specimen lake.

I fished the stream a couple of weeks ago. I was on the swim on the corner by the Willow tree with the small island of reeds. Started off a bit slow in the morning and was scratching around for bites picking up Roach and the odd Skimmer. As the water warmed up the Carp started to show and picked up several of those. The largest fish of the day was a 4lb Bream which is my best so I was pleased with that.

It seems the new owners are going to invest some money and have concentrated on the specimen lake first and hopefully they'll do the same with the stream as some on the platforms on some of the swims do need some work.