Fly Angling Stealth

Reaction score
I don't know much about fly angling, but I have been thinking about this a lot recently. Perhaps someone more accomplished can help me sort out my little quandary.

Both are well known for their stealth and ability to catch their prey without so much as a ripple, but who would make the better fly angler; a ninja or an SAS commando?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Depends if its catch and release. Ninjas being assasins are really only good at catching for the pot. SAS are more your poacher in catch leave no one the wiser.

Reaction score
It's nice to see a couple of 'thinking anglers' on FM /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

So, who would be the better at casting; the ninja or the SAS Commando?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Would be a close one that. As they would both practice in all situations until it was second nature. Mistakes being corrected subconsciously. Resulting in perfect execution.

Reaction score
I must say that from a standing start I recon that the Ninja would have the better casting technique due to his/her weaponry training (ninja-to, bokken, hanbo, shuriken, etc). So I'm with Nathan on that.

However, as Bryan points out - they would both practice and refine relentlessly.

BUT.

What would happen if they both found out that they were competing with each other?

Nathan

Reaction score
The SAS would take out his carp rod which also doubles up as a high power sniper rifle then take out the Ninja from 2 miles away. They would then poach his swim & have a nice littlejolly catching tiddlers for fun.

Reaction score
Well now you mention it they probably will need one at some point.

The one that goes first will probably leave himself a bit vulnerable though. On the other hand, both will probably be trained in holding one in. In their line of work the slightest fart could give them away with fatal consequences.