Hello from Cornwall

swcf

Reaction score
Good evening,

Thought I would say hello and looking forward to participating on the forums.

Love my coarse fishing, particularly in the summer months for my favourite species Crucians, Tench and Rudd. Hoping and praying we get a decent summer for a change down here in Cornwall.

I also occasionally do some light rock fishing on the coast and the odd days here and there for trout.

I also run my own website.

Thanks,

B

binka

Welcome to FM fella and look forward to reading your posts.

I love my coarse fishing and especially my rivers but in a way I envy you living in your part of the world as I would be glued to the rocks at Pemberth or Lamorna Cove fishing for wrasse, pollock and mackerel with light float gear.

Had some very nice days down there :)

swcf

Reaction score
Yeah, I do often pinch myself. Best of all worlds, great coarse fishing, great coastal fishing, great trout and salmon. Just need less rain!

Thanks for the welcome.

john step

Reaction score
Welcome here. Cornish rain. You should be in Lincs today. :mad:

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi Bob,
Welcome to FM I look forward to your posts :thumbs:

I used to live in Helston back in the 70s (when I was based at RNAS Culdrose) and I always had a few worm caught Brownies in the freezer for my breakfasts which I caught from the stream that ran at the bottom of the hill. LOL.

A lovely area to live in.

Keith

swcf

Reaction score
I used to live near Camborne, spent quite a bit of time fishing for the Gilthead Bream at Hayle with my Carp rod. The tidal pool was full of them and very good eating!

Now we've moved up north to Launceston, I'm firmly into coarse fishing with a little trout and bass fishing.

daniel121

Reaction score
Hello and welcome - don't be a lurker we'll all love to read your posts :)

swcf

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome all. Fishing tomorrow, a dry day now that's a rarity these days!

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Bob. I'm sure we all look forward to your contributions - particularly articles with photographs. DO send 'em in!

swcf

Reaction score
Will do!

Had my first tench of the year yesterday, a chunky 6lber on the good old lift method!

swcf

Reaction score
Absolutely, it would be rude not to fish for Tench in any other way (conditions permitting!) :D