Warrington Scumbag Fined £2,000 For Fly Tipping

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: Warrington Scumbag Fined £2,000 For Fly Tipping

http://www.fishingmagic.com/news_events/18296-warrington-scumbag-fined-2-000-for-fly-tipping.html

thumbnail.php

Do you think the term 'scumbag' is harsh enough? Perhaps FM readers can think of something more appropriate....

thecrow

Reaction score
£2000 nowhere near enough should have been £20k and if he had to sell his house to raise it so be it, yes I can think of something to call him other than scumbag but the settings on here wont allow it.

I have just driven back home through some lanes and its noticeable that fly tipping is getting worse, we are fast becoming a dirty nation and its about time that punishments for this are far more stringent than they are now.

greenie62

Reaction score
From the article:
He was ordered to pay a fine of £1,384, costs of £651.92 and a victim surcharge of £105 totalling £2,140.92

I can't understand how this 'victim surcharge' is calculated it should represent the cost of restoration to the 'victim' - in this case the local Waste Management Authority - are they saying that this is the cost of clearing-up the mess? I am surprised it is so low! - particularly when the operating budgets for such organisations are such always so onerous on the local rate-payers!:eek:

Perhaps the 'creative accountants' should review the calculations of such costs :eek::rolleyes::eek:mg:

B

binka

Few words strong enough Cliff and none that would be allowed on here.

I was at our local refuse disposal site this morning, I had just half a dozen small 450g empty gas bottles from last season's longer fishing sessions and I was refused.

After three rounds of arguing I let them know that I had checked with the council who said the site's waste contractors are obliged to take them and low and behold as soon as I got my phone out to call the council they backed down and said I could leave them :rolleyes:

sumtime

Reaction score
I do struggle to get on this site along with the flyfishing one too :rolleyes:
anyway, my wife and I would always hire a scooter to get around the Greek islands and thought they were the kings of dumping, NOT! this country of ours beats them hands down.

I'm waiting for our Mayor to get back in touch after he requested our and my daughter's addresses, it's going to be interesting. :) There is a street on my way to my daughter's house that most of the time would shame this pic. :(

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
I suggest a 'victim surcharge' of £1.00 for every council tax payer in the district: fair?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sticking up for fly tippers but the council are making it harder and harder to dump any waste you have, closing waste yards and making daft rules up, li,e no vans or trailers etc etc. The bin wagons only come round once a fortnight now instead of once a week as they always used to do...lets be honest ...WTF do the council expect is gonn'a happen!
One things for sure, illegal tipping will only get worse and imo the councils/ government are to blame.

I had a trip to bolton a few months ago and the streets where the packistanis live are absolutly disgusting, they just fly tip outside of thei own front doors. why TF arn't they prosecuted, especially as it's so blatant!

Last edited:

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
I spend a bit of time in the South Wales 'vuhlees' ....they are an utter disgrace in the main. Every verge, every bush, every brook awash with discarded trash.