Police in Lincolnshire step up patrols in crackdown on illegal fishing and fish theft

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: Police in Lincolnshire step up patrols in crackdown on illegal fishing and fish theft

http://www.fishingmagic.com/news_ev...ckdown-on-illegal-fishing-and-fish-theft.html

thumbnail.php

Catching the culprits will be a very difficult task given the size of Lincolnshire and the remoteness of likely poaching spots; fines or other punishment for fish theft must, then, be severe.

thecrow

Reaction score
Sorry but I have a very cynical view of this kind of press release, the authorities have over the last few years suffered huge cutbacks in staffing levels, they were unable to carry out this type of policing before the cuts when I lived in Lincolnshire how on earth can they do it now? I am afraid this is just more PR bull$1t and lip service given to and repeated by the Angling Trust to placate anglers, however time will tell but I wont be holding my breath waiting to see results.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I fail to see how any angler could view this as being a negative undertaking.

Would that all areas took the same approach . . . . .

thecrow

Reaction score
This is part of my reason for being cynical Peter, its the very first paragraph of the article. Another part is having witnessed the "falling short" personally when I lived in Lincolnshire after reporting being threatened by 3 eastern Europeans because I wouldn't give them a fish I had caught, number of police that turned up = 0 feedback = 0 incedent sorted by m sons.

Police in Lincolnshire are to carry out more patrols to combat illegal fishing after admitting that the service they provided had “fallen short” in the past.

How having "fallen short in the past" are they going to improve on past performance considering the cuts in budgets and manpower that have been imposed over the last few years?

To be able to do this something else will have to suffer a lack of policing after all the jam will only spread so far before it becomes to thin. As usual the loudest shouters will get the jam spread on their bread and if the past is anything to go by angling will come well down the list.

As I said in my previous post time will tell but I wont be holding my breath.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
At least they have recognised their previous shortcomings and appear to be doing something to rectify it; that alone is positive, so let's hope that there is an even more positive outcome.

rubio

Reaction score
I agree it is positive to our needs and aims, yet agree it will rarely be enforced. maybe even less than before for the stated reasons.
I do feel overall that publicity of the issue is beneficial and if nothing else it increases awareness. Tho in all probability not in those that need it.

ciprinus

Reaction score
I agree it is positive to our needs and aims, yet agree it will rarely be enforced. maybe even less than before for the stated reasons.
I do feel overall that publicity of the issue is beneficial and if nothing else it increases awareness. Tho in all probability not in those that need it.

now, if it had been published in an eastern european Hkaccent :wh