''Conditions that get your pulse racing''.

mightyboosh

Reaction score
Not freshwater obviously, but a glassed out sea. It means than I can push further offshore for the bigger fish :)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Early morning or late evening on a river that has fined down nicely but still has a bit of pace off of the crease.

An upstream wind is nice, and some cloud cover gives me a lot of confidence too.

john step

Reaction score
A bit of colour in the water. Don't like to fish tap water unless its very deep. Seems to lose some of the mystery if I can see the bottom.

robtherake

Reaction score
First view of a previously-hidden pool, wreathed in early morning mist and cloaked in mystery; birds all a-singing and the occasional lazy flip of a tail on the water's mirror surface. Of course, all that falls flat when you discover that some blighter has beaten you to it. :rolleyes:

flightliner

Reaction score
A massive high tide on the Trent where its running up towards Newark, its the colour of deep brown Trent marl and has loads of debris running up with it. My arrival is timed a hour prior to it turning back to the sea, time enough to check things out, select my swim, tackle up my stick float gear and plunb the depth so I can check its fall against my "painted with rings on every four inch" rod rest just as the river comes to its five minute stop .
Hemp n tare in my bait apron and I'm buzzing with anticipation as the colour drops out as the river level drops --- roach watch out !.

Chefster

Reaction score
About 2,o clock,in a match,and there are tails up in the margin,whare ive fed,and i drop my rig in and the float buries,no need to strike,elastic rips from the pole,and the blood starts pumping!!!:D:D

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Winter. 3rd day of a good old blow from the s/w, heavy rain over but still overcast. Barometer around 998-1000, temp 12-14.

I know exactly where the zander will be and I will be there waiting for them. I always take extra bait and I always run out.

ken more

Reaction score
Very early mist on a calm morning on the River or Canal, sitting, watching and listening, with a flask of hot tea with expectation of what could be.:)

chrissh

Reaction score
Early morning mist covering the river the sun is coming up and the birds singing …. Warm summer evening the swallow chasing fly’s over the water.

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Wind from the West is Best-Wind from the East is a Beast.

So what do you reckon ?

Bob

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Wind from the West is Best-Wind from the East is a Beast.

So what do you reckon ?

Bob

Bob, like many others on here I've fished through some of the very worst our weather can throw at us. But for a long time now Predator fishing has been my forte, so I suppose inclement weather comes with the territory. And as long as the weather has been stable for a period,''excluding ice'', I'll be up for it

It doesn't matter too much with regard to wind direction as long as it isn't ''howling''. But I do value cloud cover on a clearish day, along with a slight tinge to the water.