"Go to" mail order company and tackle advice

mightyboosh

Reaction score
I need a few coarse fishing bits which I simply can't buy downunder, so will go mail order. They can be delivered within the UK and my Mrs will collect on her upcoming trip home.

My eclectic list:

- Rod quiver - just for bank sticks; folding festival-type chair; landing net and maybe a rod or two strapped to the outside

- Brolly - something light to suit semi-active fishing

- Big wagglers - to take 14g (1/2 ounce) of weight, preferably unloaded or only part loaded

- Bank sticks - 36 inch plus when collapsed; decent quality

- Rod rests heads

- Catapult - not for launching freebies, that would be illegal here :)

To think that I owned most of this stuff and ended up giving it away at car boot sales! Anyway, recommendations for a mail order company please and specific items?

Cheers!

ciprinus

Reaction score
i would have said Amazon.com.AU but it seems like a completely different site to the uk one :confused:

mightyboosh

Reaction score
Thanks Sam. I must have order something from Ted Carter well over a decade ago and still getting unsolicited junk mail from them. Never again!

john step

Reaction score
Thanks Sam. I must have order something from Ted Carter well over a decade ago and still getting unsolicited junk mail from them. Never again!

I am afraid they are all at that. I get TFG, Chapmans, Ted Carter VERY regularly. I don't mind as sometimes there are some good deals in the sales.

Mind you the sales prices are what I think they should be in the first place:eek:

Chefster

Reaction score
So you wont buy from a reputable,excellent company,cos of a bit of spam mail....more fool you;)
and why would anyone "like" that comment??

B

binka

I too have used Chapmans amongst others and have found both their service and their after sales to be excellent.

john step

Reaction score
So you wont buy from a reputable,excellent company,cos of a bit of spam mail....more fool you;)
and why would anyone "like" that comment??

I liked it cos it appeals to my sense of humour. A whole decade of hoping that someone half a world away would order. That decade of waiting might just about to bear fruition. I can imagine an office celebration coming....Yes Yes we did it.:D

maggot_dangler

Reaction score

This is where scrapable Email addresses come into their own use till you dont need anymore then just automatically junk all mail from it till you next need it ..

Claw-Mail with Bogo-filter works a treat on winders Linux Mac .

PG ...

jimbob27

Reaction score
I'd never use Ted Carters again after my last experience with them. They're very quick to take your money for something that is out of stock, and not refund you until you chase up your order months later. Now I use Fishing Republic, Angling Direct and Chapmans for everything I can't get in my local tackle shop.

lee_j

Reaction score
Climax tackle , Eric's angling are both good or what about good old eBay uk the one stop shop you can order and put a shipping address in different from your billing address plus if your buying new stuff you'll usually get free shipping in the uk which you might not get from online tackle shops