Rod Sturdy: How Far Have We Come?

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: Rod Sturdy: How Far Have We Come?

http://www.fishingmagic.com/index.php?news=18310

thumbnail.php

Rod Sturdy reminds us of the late, great **** Walker's assessment of angling's future...

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So were now expected to pay another £25 on top of our annual £27 a year EA licence ripp off then.
No thank's!

Imo the EA and AT are as one. I imagine if enough people are talked into joining the AT the government will make it compulsary to have both the EA licence and be a member of the AT.
That would mean the EA could still have their licence money and the AT would have money to sort out purely angling issues.

john step

Reaction score
I have been a member since the 70's and the ACA. I pay by Direct Debit. I regard it as not very much spread over a year and worth it just because at least someone is doing something.
I am relaxed about the fact that I may not agree with everything, but who does?

thecrow

Reaction score
I don't believe that the Angling trust are indeed trustworthy or that they have the best interests of anglers at heart, rather they change with the wind of popularity in their views while at the same time ensuring that they continue to be employed.

Mr Sturdy, as all of the articles that appear here written by yourself extoll the virtues of being an Angling Trust member perhaps you would explain just 2 points for me please (although if the past is anything to go by you wont)

The first point is very simple and it is, why does an organisation that purports to represent anglers and fight pollution continually use the biggest polluter in the country as a sponsor for their riverfest matches?

The second is somewhat perplexing and it is this, below are copies of 2 press releases made by the Trust at different times ( I hope you can read them quality is not what I would have wished) These press releases are opposites the second one being put out when they realised that a group had been formed to fight the proposed weir demolition, can you tell me which I should believe please?

I am particularly interested in the mention of weirs in both releases.