gardner scud block

xenon

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone-thought i would tap into the collective knowledge of the FM forum-looking to put together a tripod system for up in the air ledgering on the middle Thames and having done some online research the Garnder seems to fit the bill. However, although the Gardner website suggests it is still in production i cannot find any where that appears to stock or sell it-any one know where i could get one? (if possible) Thanks in advance to those who take the trouble to reply.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Add the price of banksticks and it'll be more expensive than buying a dedicated tripod.
Also that scud set up will mean you have to put the rod butts on the deck, not so good, especially if you've got the thing set up in the river!

I'm not a fan of gardner gear, it always seems expensive for run of the mill things....and that scud thing is a good example.

xenon

Reaction score
i have a cunning plan for that-to use a small tripod with a buzz bar to keep the rod butts on the deck. I also figure that i can use my existing banksticks so even if it turns out to be **** I ve only lost out to the tune of 17 quid for the block. Anyway, thanks to those who replied, i have now found one and ordered it.