Rod Sturdy: Trev the Bailiff.

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: Rod Sturdy: Trev the Bailiff.

http://www.fishingmagic.com/fm-features/18332-rod-sturdy-introducing-trev-the-bailiff.html

thumbnail.php

It's just as well we've still got people like Trev....NO mucking about! Read Rod Sturdy's introduction to Trev the Bailiff...

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I totally agree with Trev the bailiffs attitude but, lets hope he doesn't have his licence revoked if the wrong person reads this, you can loose it for sod all these days!

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
I have to agree with tigger, the bloke might be 100% right, but it's all to easy to loose your licence these day !!

Bob

thecrow

Reaction score
How the hell has this tale of rudeness, arrogance and downright violence got into this forum? why have the mods not stopped it from appearing?

Disgrace. :mad:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
How the hell has this tale of rudeness, arrogance and downright violence got into this forum? why have the mods not stopped it from appearing?

Disgrace. :mad:

"Why?" Well, because we don't have that sort of sanction.

The article was posted by the FM Editor so obviously went through the usual processes before publication.

At least one other regular FMer has felt strongly enough to report the article so perhaps the Ed will respond.

soft plastic

Reaction score
I think there was a touch of "artistic licence" in the article, presumably to help convey the image of a "no nonsense" type of character. The only thing I found distasteful was the hackneyed writing.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
This just made me wish for a good code of conduct for bailiffs irrespective of any political correctness. Shocking behavior, nothing funny about it.

Last edited:

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
Crow: Rod's article might well have received a bit of special attention had it been a factual account. It is, however, fiction, and FM, generally, likes to give free rein to creativity. On occasion foul language is permitted, but only where it is crucial to the story; sometimes, only the Real McCoy will do if the full impact of the author's meaning is to be appreciated. 'Trev' may well come across as a bombastic ol' ******* - but that was, surely, the intention.

Thanks for your comment, Crow.

thecrow

Reaction score
I know of waters where "Trev" would not be welcome and his antics would cause him to receive a severe "talking to".

As the author is normally trying to extol the virtues of the Angling Trust he does them no favours regarding none members deciding to join with this kind of diatribe.

Why doesn't Mr Sturdy ever answer any questions/criticism? is he a member because I cant find him in the list of members.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Being honest, I can't see anything wrong with it other than the possibility of someone loosing their iron licence.
Pity someone hadn't clouted the toff who came gobbin' off, typical townie, can't tell the difference between a lappy and a pigeon lol.

Oh, forgot to say,as this is only fictional the licence thing isn't an issue.

Last edited:

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
At least it was not the Angling Trust he was extoling the virtues off ?

I'm sure " Trev " would have a field day at their head quarters.

;)

Bob