days fishing on Thursday

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Go with the feeder option and try to bag up on roach on the canal, try the river for a chub or two or dust off the lures and ahve a couple of hours roving an ex quary that holds a few nice pike?

At the moment it's a toss up between chubbing on he river - what's the best all round bait for chub?

Or taking the lures out for the first time this season and spending a few hours trying various swims.

F

Fred Bonney

Bread or cheese your Lordship.Let the servants eat cake/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

E

EC

Bread crust for me m'lud. I use a french stick, cut it into 6inch sections and then wrap in clingfilm, it lasts ages, and the crust doesn't lose its rubbery texture if kept sealed and cool.

Take some lobworms if you can too m'ludthe rivermight be flooded.

S

Sean Meeghan

Check the river and if it's still high go lure fishing for pike. Use a lure that can be fished slowly with just the occasional twitch.

Best all round chub bait? Sliced bread - cheap supermarket medium sliced loaves. It must be the cheapest bait you can buy at about 30p for a day's fishing!Make mash with some of it and use a few slices for flake. Try adding cheese(Nash Cheesey Chops)or scopex flavour to the mash. Don't believe the crap that bread doesn't work in coloured water either.

EC's an animal - 6 inch sections of Fench Stick FFS!!!

E

EC

I should have explained, I don't mean as 1 hookbait Sean.

French sticks are nearly all crust, and give you much moreuseable bait than when buying an uncut loaf, they're much cheaper in the long run and when wrapped in cling film last for ages, even out of the freezer!

E

EC

For flake I agree about the cheap white loaf though mate. I'm hopefully going on my local chub rivertomorrow, with the extra water I'll probably start on float fished flake.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gifIt's not looking good for any fishing at all - I've pulled a muscle or something in my shoulder and can hardly move my left arm

B

Bully

Where are you fishing? If there is any melt water from the snow going in it might be tough.

Donald Bain

Reaction score
Lord Paul, why not join me and a couple of mates fishing the River Idle on Friday?

Chub and roach are feeding well to caster and red maggot, with bigger fish to flake and worm tail.

Don

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Don - I'd love to but my arm is knacked - can't hold it straight at the moment - I'll let you know if it improves - btw I'll need a lift - can't drive at the moment

Donald Bain

Reaction score
No problem Paul, just let me know, I drive a big Rover 75 Estate, so there's plenty of room.

Don