Summer fishing

soft plastic

Reaction score
If I have the opportunity it would be first light until dark. Can never get enough of fishing. If I had to choose between a morning or evening session then I would take the early option every time. Something magical witnessing the dawn break and mist on the water. After nearly thirty five years of shifts and countless 4 am starts to the day, getting up early to go fishing is a real treat!

seth49

Reaction score
Early morning to around five o clock, is my favourite, although four till dark is ok for a change.late sessions do seem better for carp when they move into the margins later in the day.

john10

Reaction score
Dawn to 8 am for me. I think 4pm to dark is good too, problem is when packing up in the dark I tend to leave things behind!

Keith M

Reaction score
Almost all of my summer fishing is from around 4pm till just after dark although I do fish the occasional early morning session until the sun rises high in the sky and the Tench have started retreating into the deeper water away from the heat.

What is that saying about mad dogs and English men? Lol.

I used to fish all through the day but since I retired (and now can go whenever I want) I just fish at the most productive times whenever conditions look right.

NB: Unless I've been roped in for a club match and I can't get out of it Lol.

Winter is completely different and is about the only time you would see me on the bank right through the day.

Keith

Last edited:

lambert1

Reaction score
5pm until dark for me too, due to work commitments. I will be staying a little later this year and have purchased some night floats. Can't wait:D

tom_moran

Reaction score
I fish as much as life let's me all year round tbh. With work and family it mostly consists of 5 till dark sessions. Or 2 till dark if i book a half day. Sometimes I'll get a full dawn till dark day and once or twice a year I'll get 48 or 72 hours in on the trot

rubio

Reaction score
Circumstances dictate evenings for me and often starting after 7 even. Drennan isotopes allow me to fish in winter and they work into dark alright now too, if I decide to hang on a bit longer. But even 2 hours, or less sometimes is a good remedy for a testing day.
Starting before dawn and full of hope is a great way to start the day in expectation of good things. Trouble is I can't get to sleep for worrying about the fish I missed, or the change of method I need to apply tomorrow. Then fail to get up of course. I am always keen to do at least one full dusk to dawn session each year but that is far from my typical excursion.