A Midsummer Night’s Dream

B

binka

Tricky one this year as the summer solstice falls on Monday 20th June.

Without going all druid on you, will you be spending the night beside a favourite water in pursuit of a seasonal fish?

No contest for me, always have (often to my detriment when I got home!) and always will.

You?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
My home is less than 3 miles across the fields (as the proverbial Crow flies) from Stonehenge, so the village usually gets invaded by many of the great unwashed as they spill over from their revelry on the night of the 21st.

So, I'll be at home that day and night . . . . .

I rarely bother with the rivers until late August or early September anyway as the first few weeks of the new season are invariably inconsistent

Last edited:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
When you cast your runes Binka, please watch they don't break, its a really bad omen.
We will all be doomed doomed I tell you. I will be watching for the moon falling out of the sky on the 20th.

Last edited:

lambert1

Reaction score
I was one of the great unwashed back in 1982 Peter, in the days when there was a festival there with people like Hawkwind playing. Can quite understand why the locals got fed up though. Got up early to see the sunrise and got a fit of the giggles with the Druids and their antics which to me was pure Monty Python. As it falls on a Monday this year Steve, I will probably be in bed, unless I manage to get a few days off work.