Have you ever dreamed of

steve2

Reaction score
We have all no doubt dreamed of owning or leasing our own fishery I know I have. One was a small pool the other a section of river. In both cases the small print on the deals put me off.
One wanted me to build a car park that could not be seen from the house. This also required me to build a road to the car park. Also buried in the small print was that I wouldn’t own any of the fish I put in.
The other was an unfished river section, I didn’t know of any unfished sections on this river. When I went and looked it was the opposite bank to the one I already fished. The river here being only 20ft wide so not what I would say unfished.

I did come across one person at this time who leased the fishing on a lake than realised he didn’t have access rights across the land and had to pay for that on top.

sam vimes

Reaction score
As part of relatively small syndicates, I, along with others, lease a stillwater and a section of river. No need to dream for me. It's just a shame that most syndicates don't seem to be genuine syndicates these days. Thankfully, both of those I'm involved with are genuine.

I would quite like to own a stillwater outright. However, I'd have to be wealthy enough to be able to afford to stock it as I liked and not have to open it up to paying customers.