** Bob Henderson Arms / Indicators **

benward

Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone have any of the bob henderson arms collecting dust they dont want? Been after a set for some time but dont believe they are made any more?

Thanks
Ben

thecrow

Reaction score
They were long "swinger" type indicators that could carry a lot of weight, they were at one time very popular on Tring reservoirs, I don't know of anyone that makes them now homemade would be perhaps the only way of getting these.

The bad one

Reaction score
They were long "swinger" type indicators that could carry a lot of weight, they were at one time very popular on Tring reservoirs, I don't know of anyone that makes them now homemade would be perhaps the only way of getting these.
I do :) :D:D

PAUL REEVES

Reaction score
I've still got four that I use for all my feeder fishing on big windy venues but sorry I wouldn't ever part with them. From memory two came from Bob himself when I was fishing Wilstone years ago. I then got another four from Swale Angling before it shut down and gave two away to a mate ( I'm not 100% sure but I think I recall Mick Dinnigan, who worked at Swale,had purchased the patent?).
You could make something similar but the clever bit ie the free running, quick release plastic head would be difficult to replicate.
I do recollect reading on a forum someone asking a similar question. He received a response from someone who said he was Bobs grandson - might be worth a Google search?
Incidentally does anyone know what became of Bob, he was a lovely bloke and a good angler who invented some great bits of kit?
Good luck with the search.

The bad one

Reaction score
I do recollect reading on a forum someone asking a similar question. He received a response from someone who said he was Bobs grandson - might be worth a Google search?

Good luck with the search.
I'm not 100% sure but I think I recall Mick Dinnigan, who worked at Swale,had purchased the patent?).
Even if Mick Dinnigan did buy the patent off Bob it will by now have lapsed as you only get it for 20 years.
You could make something similar but the clever bit ie the free running, quick release plastic head would be difficult to replicate.
Not that difficult really if you use ally block in place of the plastic.
Incidentally does anyone know what became of Bob, he was a lovely bloke and a good angler who invented some great bits of kit?
He's still alive and doing a little bit of fishing when he can according to a mate of mine who sees him quite regularly.

PAUL REEVES

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, I'm really pleased that Bob's still doing well - we're all getting older and the angling community seems to have lost so many good guys over the last couple of years, so it's nice to hear some good news for a change.