Mini 3 door

mikench

Reaction score
Does anyone use a 3 door mini for going fishing in and can it accommodate all your tackle?

I have a totally unsuitable car and usually use the wife's but she can be very precious about it and seemingly going to the Trafford centre is far more important than my fishing! I fancy a used Countryman which clearly has space but the smaller mini may be more fun.

My totally unsuitable car will be staying!

john step

Reaction score
I use a Skoda Fabia. The rear seats are always laid flat and the rods poked in the centre. If your mini is reliable... then that is the most important feature.

B

binka

I would think it would be fine.

I had a two seater, soft top roadster for a few years and I had to retract the roof to get the rod holdall in the front passenger seat and saw down the Octoplus legs on my then seatbox to get it in the boot.

Too late when I realised I could have just removed them altogether and lay them flat :D

mikench

Reaction score
I had thought of an estate but I do not really like the thought of a third car at all. My wife's is a large 4x4 which is perfect except when it is parked at the Trafford Centre!!!!

She won't drive mine! I wanted a small car that I would enjoy driving and which would accommodate my kit. Plus I always wanted a mini!!

I will take all my kit to a local dealer to see if it will fit. I could always get rid of the wife!!! :rolleyes:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The bad one uses a C1 and gets his 12ft two peice rods in ok!

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I had thought of an estate but I do not really like the thought of a third car at all. My wife's is a large 4x4 which is perfect except when it is parked at the Trafford Centre!!!!

She won't drive mine! I wanted a small car that I would enjoy driving and which would accommodate my kit. Plus I always wanted a mini!!

I will take all my kit to a local dealer to see if it will fit. I could always get rid of the wife!!! :rolleyes:

that's what I did - the try the tackle in the boot option - not get rid of the wife - still it's a thought:wh

greenie62

Reaction score
The bad one uses a C1 and gets his 12ft two peice rods in ok!

Citroen seem to understand anglers needs - my Berlingo has an 'internal roof-rack' which is great for stowing rods above your head - upto 2.1m long - so 12ft 2-piece rods - no prob!

The other nice feature is the large tail-gate providing a good shelter whilst sitting on the level-load boot-tail for a picnic in the rain! :rolleyes:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Citroen seem to understand anglers needs - my Berlingo has an 'internal roof-rack' which is great for stowing rods above your head - upto 2.1m long - so 12ft 2-piece rods - no prob!

The other nice feature is the large tail-gate providing a good shelter whilst sitting on the level-load boot-tail for a picnic in the rain! :rolleyes:

That sounds good Mick, the internal roofrack must be handy !
I like the diesel vauxhall estates, very good on juice , reliable and not to hard on the wallet when you've gott'a tax and insure it. The tail-gate gives good cover if it's p!$$!n down (same as your citroen) and it's ok to get your head down in the back if you push the seats forward.

buick_toni

Reaction score
You should get one of these:
20906945226_4cdde88a1b_k.jpg

More pics of the car

I'm building it to better shape right now, but when I was driving it, it was a great fishing car! 12-feet rod would fit in straight, plus everything else one would need. And if the trip goes long, theres enough room to sleep aswell! Plus, it's fun to drive! Lazy maybe, but fun!

The only problem is maybe the size, and height. This one's not made for the smallest roads. Not that you couldn't but it may turn out to be hard sometimes :D And fuel economy, but there has to be SOME drawbacks, right..?

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
Sadly England is rather smaller, more densely populated and has fewer lakes than Finland.:)