Incredibly useful piece of kit

mikench

Reaction score
Apart from the obvious such as rods, reels line, hooks etc what could you not do without and what would you recommend to the members.

For my part I would struggle without my loop knot tyer but will probably never use again the ezfeeda!:)

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Thanks, Rob, hadn't seen those!

Mine is a litre jug, attached to six feet of cord with a buoyant thing on the other end, and with a weight on one side of the rim so it tips over and fills when lowered into the water.
I use the water for soaking bread and bran, squeezing air out of hooked bread so it just sinks, washing bread and (sometimes) slime off my paws, wetting my hand before holding a fish, wetting the mat before plonking a big fish on it, checking wafters waft and floaters float.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I reckon i'd struggle without me car to get me here... thee're... n' everyweer :).

john step

Reaction score
Ha Ha Ha.....Matchman Hook tyer.... I know all you butter fingered members can't use them.....:D:D:D

mikench

Reaction score
I bought the Maver hair rig tyer and practiced with it and made quite a few rigs with it. It works well! I then bought enough hair rigs of various lengths and flavours to last me a lifetime! One day.........!

bracket

Reaction score
To
Ha Ha Ha.....Matchman Hook tyer.... I know all you butter fingered members can't use them.....:D:D:D

Never used one. Never needed to. However I would be lost without my watchmakers' eye glass, absolutely vital for me. Pete

seth49

Reaction score
The fishing waistcoat I wear whilst fishing, I know when I put this on I have got my scales,camera,scissors,forceps,Polaroids,the camera to bank stick adaptor I made,camera remote control,permits,hook sharpener,disgorger,and other bits and bobs I couldn't do without.

Hugh Bailey

Reaction score

robtherake

Reaction score
They look just the job, but I'm a bit of a worrier about stuff like that - e.g. can it come sort of unlatched? Also, would you say they are man enough for the possibility of Barbel up to maybe 10? It says on the blurb up to 15.8lb for the bigger ones but I'd like an informed opinion?

The artist's impression makes them appear more fragile than they really are. Never had one fail or come undone, Hugh; the closure grips well. I reuse them, too, so they get a fair bit of hammer. TBH, they've only been used with hooklinks up to 8lb, so they haven't been tested to destruction, but I've had multiple catches of carp in the high teens without any problem.

As I've mentioned before, they weigh 0.04 and 0.06g, which is the same as a number 10 or number 8 shot, so they're easy to fit in with your shotting pattern.

lambert1

Reaction score
I bought some after you first mentioned them Rob and they look the Bees Knees! So much neater than quick change beads.