At 6 feet, am I too tall to be....

GreyFox

Reaction score
a successful angler?

Earlier this year, I visited a fishing show where many 'named' anglers were present.

Only one was 6 feet or overand that was Dean Macey.

Matt Hayes, John Wilson, Danny Fairbrass, Frank Warwick and Pete Castle were all 'vertically challenged'.

I couldn't tell about Bob Nudd as he was sitting down when I saw him, but I suspect that Ali Hamidi was stood on a box to see over Korda's trade counter!

Do you think my catch rate might improve if I spent more time kneeling down?

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

C

Colin North, the one and only

<blockquote class=quoteheader>ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Maybe, maybe not...</blockquote>
Positive thinking Ed

Reaction score
Posh Paul is 8ft 6" at the moment and he doesn't catch much.

Maybe you have discovered something here.

But then again I'm a short arse and don't catch much either, which using the laws of physics, cancels out Poshers so we are back where we started.

I suggest you start an in depth study. Carry it out over three seasons and monitor the success of at least 100 anglers. Make sure you collate the information in a data base (MS Access would be fine) then export the data into MS Excell and use it to present your data as graphs and pie charts.

I look forward to seeing your report in three years.

F

Fred Bonney

Depends which direction you're facing at the time, methinks Greyfox./forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

GreyFox

Reaction score
Ali Hamidi couldn't see over a bar...nor, I think, most of the others!

Probably have to wave a Century NG with a note attached to the tip to get attention.

GreyFox

Reaction score
On the plus side, I may be completely mislead...

If you aren't particularly big, any fish held for photos will look much bigger...

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

<blockquote class=quoteheader>GreyFox wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

On the plus side, I may be completely mislead...

If you aren't particularly big, any fish held for photos will look much bigger...

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif </blockquote>
Unless you have unusuallyhuge hands

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
This fella was a 'specimen' angler, but he gave it up when no-one would believe the weight of his captures.
GaelBigHands.jpg

GreyFox

Reaction score
Dan_with_record_stickleback.jpg

This guy, on the other hand - is sure to become a big name.

Wot a stickleback!

S

Sean Meeghan

I know how you feel GF! Sometimes I feel like Gulliver in Lilliput. Of course some very succesful anglers are tall round the middle!

W

Wolfman Woody

And you only have to look at the success of our very own Editor (retired and brought back) , old stumpy legs Marsbar!

He makes every fish look big. In the 60s all of his "ten pound plus" bream were nothing more than 3½lbs at most. He just made them look big and weighed them with the 'Scouse Bounce' method on the scales.

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

The angle oftheir eyesmeans thatfish in water can only see objects more than 5' 6" tallthus giving these anglers an unfair advantage. If they were all made to wear stilts they would only be average anglers.