Pellet Waggler Rod for Light Legering?

Andy Pet

Reaction score
Seems like a dumb question but I feel that a pellet waggler rod would be ideal for light legering work.

.......or am I being stoopid?

robtherake

Reaction score
I've used a 12 ft Maver Reactorlite pellet waggler as an emergency feeder rod when I'd packed the wrong rod. It was quite happy to throw a medium sized Drennan cage feeder about and was just the job!

mightyboosh

Reaction score
Why not? My preferred choice for light near bank ledgering was a 13ft spliced tip match rod. It worked really well.

sagalout

Reaction score
I use the Maver powerlites as ledger rods, small feeders (15gr cage or method) or light bomb (18gr).

Andy Pet

Reaction score
Cheers, I was considering using a 1/2oz bomb - sounds like it's doable

trotter2

Reaction score
Yes it works fine replace the end eye with a screw fitting one and fit a quiver tip.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just use your light leger rod...for light legering :).

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Andy

I bought a 10 foot grandeslam carbo pellet waggler rod a few years back, as a holiday float rod (it would fit very comfortably across the back of the boot of the car, space is always a premium in an average hatchback with a family of four going on holiday!)

Anyway, it's proven itself as a remarkably versatile rod ever since; yes, its great catching small - medium size carp on float gear (kind of what its designed for), but it also makes a great chub rod in tight overgrown swims fishing 6lb line straight through and feelining; this year in france I also put it in to use with a small method feeder for carp, and it handled that great too. I would describe it as "through" actioned, almost like an avon rod, although that said I don't think it's as soft as my 12 foot daiwa avons.

So that's a rather long way of saying "yes"... I think most pellet wagglers would handle light legering fine (in fact I've noticed a number of people talking about them for perch fishing...)

steve2

Reaction score
Pellet waggler rods seem to be taking over from the Avon style rods, I use mine for every that it wasn't designed for. But then it what rod was it before it rebadged as a pellet waggler rod I wonder.

rayner

Reaction score
Years ago I used to use an Apollo Taperflash for link ledgering bread flake for Chub, I loved it and it worked well.
If you think a pellet waggler will do the job do it.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have used match rods rod legering in the past, but that was many years ago when I didn't give a monkeys what I used.
Over the last few years during roving trotting sessions and when the fish have gone off a moving bait and turned their attentions to bottom feeding I have removed my float and added a small bomb and used my float rod to leger and it's been fine. This has always been when the river has been low during the summer months. I don't think i'd purposly go out legering with a float rod when there are purpose built rods for the job...jmo gent's.