Bank holiday

robtherake

Reaction score
Weather permitting, we might be back on the road in the ol' fishing bus to who knows where. There are some surprisingly good lakes on the campsites we've visited.:)

B

binka

Could be another overnighter for me, if so it will be on the float and a starlight fitted.

hammer_jamie

Reaction score
Going away next week to Mallorca so her indoors is dragging me shopping on Saturday, I will probably go fishing on Monday.

rayner

Reaction score
I have had to go down the commercial fishery route so never fish bank holidays or week ends, they are far too busy for me.
During mid week if my chosen pond is a little too busy I look for a quieter one.
I'm not anti social but when fishing all I want is quiet, there are lots of other places to have a chat.

bracket

Reaction score
I am away up to the Midlands to visit family for the Bank Holiday. It is my birthday on Friday, so I am unlikely to surface until Monday. My Son-in- Law is dragging me out on Tuesday to fish Papplewick Pumping Station. I have never fished there before but he tells me it's an aquarium, so I may get the odd fish. I am only taking the bare minimum with me and will be borrowing most of his gear. That will be a change. Pete.

B

binka

I am away up to the Midlands to visit family for the Bank Holiday. It is my birthday on Friday, so I am unlikely to surface until Monday. My Son-in- Law is dragging me out on Tuesday to fish Papplewick Pumping Station. I have never fished there before but he tells me it's an aquarium, so I may get the odd fish. I am only taking the bare minimum with me and will be borrowing most of his gear. That will be a change. Pete.

I'd heard that the pumping station was now fishable Pete, I think it has been for some time and the aquarium reports are consistent.

Good luck with it and please let us know how you get on, I will be very interested.

mikench

Reaction score
Tomorrow or Monday . Off to France next Thursday for ten days and intend having a fish at Le Lac de St Cassien which is near me. Will go for some sea fishing as well: sat in the sun looking at the med with a flask of good coffee,what more do you want!

seth49

Reaction score
Probably go Monday, looks like rain on Tuesday when I usually go.
Don't find it busy bank holidays. Most blokes get lumbered with taking the family out, so it's usually quite on bank holidays.