Net Profit or Loss - Paul Mortlock

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: Net Profit or Loss - Paul Mortlock

http://www.fishingmagic.com/fm-features/18348-net-profit-or-loss-paul-mortlock.html

files.php

A real tale of woe here from Paul Mortlock...

thecrow

Reaction score
You were braver than I was at 10 years old, I would never have dared enter a match, I don't think I had a keepnet when I was that age.

Nice story to read I enjoyed it Paul thank you.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
My Dad didn't fish but I joined a club around the same age that was part of Dad's work.

I was treated like Royalty by the guys and learned absolutely loads and usually given extra pocket money by them to spend on tackle.

It became a standing joke when the late Mick Muldoon (God bless, Mick) joked that I finished fourth every week.

It stopped when I actually did finish third one week (out of about 12, rock hard day, 4oz of perch on the River Weaver).

After that, I was man enough to hold my own. The pocket money stopped and the swearing started!!

Happy days.:)

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
My Dad didn't fish but I joined a club around the same age that was part of Dad's work.

I was treated like Royalty by the guys and learned absolutely loads and usually given extra pocket money by them to spend on tackle.

It became a standing joke when the late Mick Muldoon (God bless, Mick) joked that I finished fourth every week.

It stopped when I actually did finish third one week (out of about 12, rock hard day, 4oz of perch on the River Weaver).

After that, I was man enough to hold my own. The pocket money stopped and the swearing started!!

Happy days.:)

my experience was very similar - except that I didn't out fish the men - I did get plenty of advice and a few bits of old tackle as hand me downs

Skoda

Reaction score
Lovely read Paul, as they say "lessons in life don't come cheap".I didn't start fishing matches until I was about seventeen but I remember my keepnet only had about four rings on it. Many thanks, really enjoyed that.
Andy