Your fav tackle website

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I firmly believe in supporting your local tackle shop on the basis of the old adage: Use It or Loose It.

So, if I cannot get down to my local shop then I order from them, online.

Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

If Dave does not have what I want he will always order it for me and usually it is available withing a few days.

The shop is about a 34 miles round trip but I still reckon it is more than worth it for the chat, the great service and the friendly atmosphere in there.

I cannot recommend the place highly enough!

mikench

Reaction score
I use quite a few and contrast and compare them. eBay and Amazon are good but going direct I use matchman supplies, Tacklesaver and Ted Carter.

I like to look at them all, observe all the neat bits of tackle, rigs and hooks etc which I have seen used in the mags. I usually decide I don't really need them, probably won't use them, have them already in another form, and then buy them! I must have every conceivable type of float adaptors and will never use them all but I enjoy looking at the differences and trying them. Each set has cost less than a pint so I don't mind; it is all part of the fun and helps me relax.

It can be enjoyable being slightly crackers!!!:wh

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Gott'a be ebay as nearly all the tackle shops sell on there, includiing my local ones.

Best tackle shop would be North NW Angling in Hindley Wigan. Reason I say that is because they're very competitive on prices and have "in stock to look at" a huge amount of gear.

seth49

Reaction score
Another vote for local tackle shop, I'd much sooner hold something I'm going to buy and have a proper look at it.
Enjoy the craic to.

If I'm stuck for something I will look on eBay, and get my daughter to get it for me with her PayPal account, not using my card online thanks.