Proposed changes to Rod Licences in 2017 - 1 week to go to have your voice heard

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Environment Agency has listened to your feedback on how we can make rod licences better. As a result, they are proposing a more flexible licence for you that also allows us to continue improving fisheries and angling.

More...

greenie62

Reaction score
This is actually the first time I have seen the specific proposals published officially in detail - rather than the rumours, intentions and publicity previously circulated.

It states that anyone having objections must send a statement of their objection in writing to ...etc. - to be received no later than 6 June 2016 - with an ATr publication date of 26 May 2016!

Not really the sort of notice that one would expect of an official body making significant changes to legislation who really want to appeal to anglers to 'have your voices heard'.:eek:mg:

This tactic reminds me of the someone who wants to go through the motions regarding consultation but doesn't want to really listen :eek: - just wanting to present a fait accompli! :eek:mg:

thecrow

Reaction score
This tactic reminds me of the someone who wants to go through the motions regarding consultation but doesn't want to really listen - just wanting to present a fait accompli!

It was that as soon as they started to talk to the Angling Trust about it last year. Anglers are a cash cow for the EA nothing more.

thecrow

Reaction score
It was that as soon as they started to talk to the Angling Trust about it last year. Anglers are a cash cow for the EA nothing more.

Unfortunately it seems that this that I posted some time ago has proved to be true. Pay more get less and have no idea where your money has gone.

B

binka

Have these proposals gone through as drafted or are they still being discussed ?

I'm not absolutely certain but I think they have gone through and are effective from 1st April 2017.

john step

Reaction score
Yes already decided. I had letter in with my notice about Direct Debit a week ago.
I did as requested and cancelled the DD whilst waiting an email from them to set up a new one for the 3 rod option when this years one expires.

Like many others I suspect, sometimes 3 rods are tempting when a couple of rods are out on buzzers and a third is used on a float whilst waiting.
Will stop those who did that from looking over their shoulder. Not that I would have done that of course!

Last edited: