Setting up my box...

fishplate42

Reaction score
On Wednesday I will be fishing the third match of the year at Beaver Farm Fishery. This year I have a bit more gear than this time last year when I fished my first ever match on a plastic box made more comfortable by tying a couple of foam kneelers to the top.

Here is the box from back view, click on the picture to see the front!

Since then I have acquired a proper seatbox. It has been a struggle to get it all together in time to fish as I have had little experience setting it up how I want it. This weekend I took the opportunity to get it sorted and spent a few hours in the garden getting it how I wanted it. I think I have it right now and you can see the finished set up HERE. This is may set up for pole, feeder and I can accommodate a PW set up too. I had collected several accessories and fittings by scouring the eBay listings. There are some bargains to be had if you look hard enough.

Lots of the Preston accessories have special brackets and fittings that can be used to enable custom configurations to be used. for Example I used a part from what I think was a roost to fix my bait waiter to the accessory bar at just the right height, and now redundant top me keepnet fitting to make a rest for my landing net. The system is so versatile it could become a hobby in its own right
icon_smile_big.gif

How do you configure your box?

Ralph.

john step

Reaction score
Ralph, It looks very swish. How many miles to the gallon?:D

lee_j

Reaction score
Looks smart that mate I recon with a few wires you could pickup most of the free view channels with it aswell :thumbs: , what's the wind sock thing for on the right for ?

greenie62

Reaction score
.... what's the wind sock thing for on the right for ?

It's so you can tell which way the wind is blowing - to enable you to gauge drift! :D:eek:mg:

Seriously though - it's to stick your pole-end in so it doesn't get damaged.

I reckon some pole tackle & setups could be the basis for a Caption Competition! ;)

mikench

Reaction score
Looks far too. Complicated for me! I will stick to my chair. Gosh I enjoy messing about!:wh