Blended bread

nova12

Reaction score
Hi i was fishin today and there was a gentlemen fishing Bread on the float rod over depth I was wondering if I blitzed some bread up in the blender could i use this as like feed? Few hand fulls to make a swim etc.also is it possible to freeze it in batches etc. For a later date and does it sink well also.
Any help much appreciated.
Ive been obsessed with the feeder rod for quite some time now the nicer weather is here i fancy a change :)

robtherake

Reaction score
The harder you squeeze liquidised bread, the better it sinks. I much prefer to make a slop of it if it's for fishing close in, then fish through the cloud. It's a simple matter to dunk the whole loaf in your landing net then push the slop through the net into a bucket.

nova12

Reaction score
I was going to blend it up and freeze it take out day before to thaw out and chuck in as loose feed or squash together like you said is there anything you can add to it to make it more attractive

robtherake

Reaction score
I was going to blend it up and freeze it take out day before to thaw out and chuck in as loose feed or squash together like you said is there anything you can add to it to make it more attractive

All manner of things from powders to liquids, but wetting it too much will change the consistency. You could try spray-on bait flavours but TBH, liquidised bread doesn't really need any additives. If I'm making a slop I like either honey, liquidised sweetcorn or Nesquik - sometimes all three. :)

john step

Reaction score
Yes its a great bait especially for roach but do no over feed it and fill them up.

Blended squeezed and thrown in in PINCH sizes will sink and explode on the way down in a very enticing manner.

It is a good winter canal ploy with punched bread. Summer too.

On a high stocked commie it will attract carp but obviously the quantities of feed and size of bait is upped.

lee_j

Reaction score
I used to make large bags of blended bread and add custard powder for bream fishing on castle loch years ago , we used to row out in a little holiday type dinghy to bait up areas at range , had some great sessions catching big bream like this

peterjg

Reaction score
Mix your liquidised bread with seived layers mash. You can adjust the rate of dispersal by altering the ratio. I usually use around 2 parts liquidised bread to 1 part layers mash. Flavours can be added or wheat, hemp, corn, pellets, etc. The mix can also be dyed by adding food colourings to the water.