Chum Mixer - Still available?

DorsetTangler

Reaction score
Ive been round all the supermarkets, Wilkinsons and pets at home and cant find bags of chum mixer anywhere for surface fishing.
Is it still around? If so where?
If not, what are people using nowadays instead that's cheap as chips for floaters?

Thanks!

clive morton

Reaction score
the last mixers i bought where tesco own brand they all floated worked just has good as chum mixers failing that expander pellets from tackle shops are good or floating trout pellets.

naxian62

Reaction score
A pet store in my local market sells 'em unbranded in 1kg bags, she tells me they are the real pedigree mixers. Worth a shot if you've got such a stall.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
DorsetTangler..........I buy my Pedigree Chum Mixer from ' Jollyes Pet Superstores ' which is a fairly big chain of stores in various parts of the country, BUT I'm not too sure about your area..

I have just looked online and they sell 10kg bags for +/- £14

Hope this helps !

TC

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bought a bag of Chum mixers in Tesco only last week.

laguna

Reaction score
Dillan Dog mixers are probably just as good if not better - they float in a tank of water for 3 days minimum. They are reasonably priced at around £1 per Kg.

Available at pet city and such places or online.

112231jpg.jpg

sagalout

Reaction score
I use sainsburys own brand, I don't think the fish re total brand snobs because they do get caught on bits of plastic so any floating biccy should suffice and don't forget before dog biscuits there was cat biscuits!

DorsetTangler

Reaction score
Cheers all.

Dont think Ive tried Tesco so I'll try there then. Or Sains own brand even. Its the shape and size rather than the "brand" I was after. Didnt want some with little bone shapes etc in although Im sure the carp would probably still take em.

rubio

Reaction score
They're carp they will eat anything.
Anything not on a hook at least.

lee_j

Reaction score
Morrisons own brand too , just as good , you can get fake chum mixer for hook baits these days aswell pal , they're decent , I had a good few fish on them last year

sam vimes

Reaction score
Tesco own brand mixers were a little small, turn to mush too quickly and weren't buoyant enough to support a hook, for my liking.

dunavski

Reaction score
I did some floater fishing this weekend on my local reservoir and managed to cath just one fish:eek:mg::eek:mg:. I used Bakers dry dog food they are 10-12mm in size and float well, but after few minutes they get soaked with water and start sinking, the structure is spongy and eazy to hook.
They are also quite easy target for ducks, swans even crows and after few seconds nothink left for the fish.

DorsetTangler

Reaction score
Morrisons own brand too , just as good , you can get fake chum mixer for hook baits these days aswell pal , they're decent , I had a good few fish on them last year
Yes Ive got some of these, with the little shot you jam into the base to counterbalance the hook. thats why I want the "chum mixer" to loose feed with these on the hook. Having said that Im struggling to find waters that allow floaters these days.